Originally posted by Big Jim:
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
I have some choices to make in regards to drive axles, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel â??? but I have time to collect parts.

Sometime late this year Iâ??m going to park my SVT next to this big pile of parts, wave my magic wand and say â??EVOLVE!â?

That should do the trick!

I have not been able to find any batteries for my magic wand. Do you have a source?

Nope. Sweat, skinned knuckles, swearing, lots of free time and the occasional 6 pack to relieve the pain is the best I can offer.

Well, maybe itâ??s not that grim a scenario!

This car will be easier in almost every way from the projects I have tackled in the past. Past efforts usually start with disassembly followed by replacement of rusted sheet metal. 40 year old car bodies have plenty of rust! (yes, even southern cars) Everything on the car may need attention of some sort.

With my SVT, I am going to disassemble it and then immediately start putting it back together with new parts. No repairs or restoration needed â??? the most time consuming parts of a typical project. My biggest concern is not damaging anything! I am starting with a car that is almost new to start with. This car is super nice. It looks like it just left the dealership.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles