Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
ED had some serious problems in the past with customer service, a long long time ago. Ben Milne has since made great strides to correct that problem by putting customer service first are foremost. Ben handles many problems with his product himself. He posts regularly on the ED forums and answers alot of questions.

I bought my 16Kv.2 from ED quite a while back now and I'm still very impressed with the sub. For the price I was more than happy with it's performance. I've heard alot of the same from pretty much everyone else I know that's ordered from them.

I live up in Canada, and received my sub 2 days after ordering. That's damn fast shipping over the border.

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
ED had some serious problems in the past with customer service, a long long time ago.

Saying he had serious problems with customer service is seriously understating the issues of that time. I agree with the rest of this.

Quote:

Ben Milne has since made great strides to correct that problem by putting customer service first are foremost. Ben handles many problems with his product himself. He posts regularly on the ED forums and answers alot of questions.

I bought my 16Kv.2 from ED quite a while back now and I'm still very impressed with the sub. For the price I was more than happy with it's performance. I've heard alot of the same from pretty much everyone else I know that's ordered from them.

I live up in Canada, and received my sub 2 days after ordering. That's damn fast shipping over the border.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Was there a UPS tracking number they offered? could be UPS f'd up and out of ED's hands. Stuff like that happens all to often with any shipping company.

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Sounds like its an issue with the shipping company and not ED.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
Your the first person i have ever heard have a problem with ED

You should crawl out from under the rock you have been living under the past few years.

I know I sound like a jerk saying that; there is not a nicer way to get my point across...

Please read this thread, especially the posts by bigbassman. It really gets good on page 3. In case that was not enough, check out The Ben Milne Love Parade.

Making mistakes can happen to anyone just starting out his own company. However, being decietful, ripping off his own friends, and selling products he knew were defective are unforgivable practices.

Maybe he is improving. Nothing he can do will resolve the mess he has created in the past. I would never gamble my money away on eD.

Tempe

S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by Tempe:
Your the first person i have ever heard have a problem with ED

You should crawl out from under the rock you have been living under the past few years.

I know I sound like a jerk saying that; there is not a nicer way to get my point across...

Please read this thread, especially the posts by bigbassman. It really gets good on page 3. In case that was not enough, check out The Ben Milne Love Parade.

Making mistakes can happen to anyone just starting out his own company. However, being decietful, ripping off his own friends, and selling products he knew were defective are unforgivable practices.

Maybe he is improving. Nothing he can do will resolve the mess he has created in the past. I would never gamble my money away on eD.

Tempe

Maybe you should Realize WTF your talking to..
Not trying to sound like a jerk but I know far more than you.

And Sorry i don't search For Ben's Cool Story's

N
N
Tempe is right. eD is nothing but trouble. I was one of the lucky people who got burned by Ben...the products never broke on me, but he screwed me over on deals a couple times.

I paid for an amp, and he fed me a line of BS and sent me another amp instead...which wasn't any good at all.

I had him lie to my face once about his products and how someone else (whom I respect) had called him to talk about 'his' motor technology (which was an off the shelf TC Sounds design), asking if it was a copy of another product that was patented.

Ben Milne only cares about money and will stab his best friends in the back to make a buck.

Eric

N
N

Maybe you should Realize WTF your talking to..
Not trying to sound like a jerk but I know far more than you.

And Sorry i don't search For Ben's Cool Story's

I know Tempe well...he and I have known Ben since before he started his company. We helped him get off the ground...now, you tell me who knows far more about this situation?

Not to be an ass, but we've both been there, dealt with that BS.

Eric

D
D
I didn't want to get into specifics about ED, but those threads do that pretty well. Many people have been seriously [censored] by ED. They may be better, but I'd have a hard time recommending them. About the TC motor, using standards motors isn't unusual at all in this industry. Especially with startups like ED.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
When they where coming out with the nine.4 i was the third person to buy one. The day after they where released i got mine.

I have Purchased over a grand in stuff from ED never once had a problem, got a nine.1 shipped to be becuase i had a problem with mine before i sent my 9.1 back.

Name another company that will do that?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard