Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
My parts from my 3.0 and 2.5 got mixed in my trunk as some of you might understand cause my last shop did not label anything and threw it in my trunk literally! Now I need pictures of each part of timing and how they differ. I was told I have An escape motor but I don't trust anything that shop told me so pictures of the 2001 plus engine timing components from the Taurus escape and 2000 svtwould really help to verify what I have.II stayed up all night reading so please no search comments.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
My parts from my 3.0 and 2.5 got mixed in my trunk as some of you might understand cause my last shop did not label anything and threw it in my trunk literally! Now I need pictures of each part of timing and how they differ. I was told I have An escape motor but I don't trust anything that shop told me so pictures of the 2001 plus engine timing components from the Taurus escape and 2000 svtwould really help to verify what I have.II stayed up all night reading so please no search comments.

I'm inclined to drive to OH and help you label [censored]! Good lord...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F

Pictures are not needed: the timing chains/crank sprocket/cam sprokets are physically wider on the SVT components. The guides will be worn to show the width difference as well. The bores on the tensioners are wider as well for the SVT's stuff.

Did I mention this has been rehashed 1,000 times

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
The shop asked me if the trigger pick up wheel are differant between the two...svt and escape

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
same ... If memory serves correctly, they are only slightly difference in appearance due to the Escape trigger wheel having some holes in the center of the plate. Same number of teeth, same spacing, same "notches" for 2.5 vs. 3.0 AND same "gap"/missing tooth location in relation to the notches.

Last edited by fastcougar; 03/16/06 10:32 PM.
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Pictures are not needed: the timing chains/crank sprocket/cam sprokets are physically wider on the SVT components. The guides will be worn to show the width difference as well. The bores on the tensioners are wider as well for the SVT's stuff.

I don't remember that to be true... it's a year change, not a "SVT vs. non" type of change. Older 3L's had thicker timing components as did older 2.5's. Newer 2.5's and 3L have the skinnier chains/etc no matter if it's SVT, Taurus, Escape, etc. All that matters in the end is that the skinny chains are used with skinny chains/hardware and matching skinny cam gears, or vice versa with thick timing chains/hardware and matching thick cam gears.

For the crank position sensor, use the 2.5 wheel position and the 2.5 timing cover... I know there's a picture of the timing wheel on the 2.5 slot around here somewhere... Maybe Rick/Buckshot has one......

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I know that, but he specified a "2001 plus" escape block ...

Last edited by fastcougar; 03/16/06 10:58 PM.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W

Search the site for the part numbers on the SVT cams, then compare with yours. After that it should be easy to find the timing components that match up with your identified cams.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by fastcougar:
I know that, but he specified a "2001 plus" escape block ...

O.K., but the SVT components that you said are wider, may or may not be wider depending on year of assembly. Early SVT's had wide, late SVT's had thin... just like early 3.0L's had wide, later had thin... early 2.5 had wide, late 2.5 had thin...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard