Originally posted by SQLSVT:
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Originally posted by SQLSVT:
I have contacted ThinkMoto recently about the upgraded plates and he said he is willing to make some. I would just have to let him know, and he still charges $40.

I'm in for two sets! How much shipping and where should I send my money?

Is this a potential group-buy? (NOT looking for a price reduction)

IMHO, the peace of mind afforded by these robust plates is well worth the price.

When I said I contacted Thinkmoto recently I mean a a few days ago (before you started this thread) I sent him a PM asking him if he would still be willing to make me some of the upgraded plates. He said that he could but I would have to let him know (aka-PM him again).

It sounds like you want some of the upgraded plates, and I told Thinkmoto that I was just going to wait and see how my current plates hold up. I will PM Thinkmoto and bring this thread to his attention, and maybe he will be interested in starting another GB of his plates.

Thank you for that. I think thinkmoto's solution to the plate movement/flexing problem is the best (and only) available now.
Although like you, if I had already installed the unreinforced camber kits, I would wait to see if I had a problem. Many people have reported no problems whatsoever.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles