Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

Well, I'm not trying to compare atrocities.

With that said. It's wild to me is that we Americans are so quick to judge and point fingers at other countries histories (The Holocaust), but we conveniently "forget" our own stink.

Yes, those are two very different atrocities that shouldn't ever be compared.

And maybe I'm just naive, but I don't think anyone in the USA has "forgotten" about our past with slavery. We just don't want to make it a daily issue.

99 Silver CSVT
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Originally posted by ohsigmachi:
Slavery in America was a cake walk compared to slavery in Haiti, the rest of the caribean, and south America. Most slaves in those regions were worked to death(literally; most died before reaching 20) and treated with abject cruelty.

I don't condone or even make excuses for the treatment of fellow human beings like so much chattle, but if you really want to find shameful american history just google "trail of tears".

Well, I'm not trying to compare atrocities.

With that said. It's wild to me is that we Americans are so quick to judge and point fingers at other countries histories (The Holocaust), but we conveniently "forget" our own stink.

There are those who say that after WWII White America played up the Holocaust to take light off of this fact of American Slavery.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
hmm im listening to Kanye

Speaking of atrocities...

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:

There are those who say that after WWII White America played up the Holocaust to take light off of this fact of American Slavery.

Who are "those" within White America and what did they do to "play up" the Holocaust (not that it needed any playing up in the first place)? Sorry but I'm just curious.

99 Silver CSVT
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
The past was quite bad in this respect. But I think that most everyone knew that? Or atleast learned about slavery in school. I'm not trying to take away from your post here, but how about we go to modern history?

This is of concern to me. I guess its tue that discrimination still lives. I bring this up because as a college student, this has been in the college paper here almost every day. Not that link specifically, but arguments about those things, and how most universities are taking the color restriction off.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Why do you think the term "GOD bless America" is so popular?

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J

And there are those in racist circles inside White America and Lily-White Austria, Switzerland and Germany that claim that the Holocaust is entirely overblown and somewhat of a sham...

...ah, I almost forgot our pal running Iran has said the same thing.

The point is that slavery as a practice has pretty much been stomped out, but discrimination due to appearances or religious/cultural affiliation continues to this day and probably always will in one form or another.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SVTfrog:
Kill whitey

Kill Blackey

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by Evil Republican:

This is of concern to me. I guess its tue that discrimination still lives. I bring this up because as a college student, this has been in the college paper here almost every day. Not that link specifically, but arguments about those things, and how most universities are taking the color restriction off.

Man dont get me started on that. I was totally screwwed at the High School I attended when it came to scholarships

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by JaTo:

And there are those in racist circles inside White America and Lily-White Austria, Switzerland and Germany that claim that the Holocaust is entirely overblown and somewhat of a sham...

...ah, I almost forgot our pal running Iran has said the same thing.

The point is that slavery as a practice has pretty much been stomped out, but discrimination due to appearances or religious/cultural affiliation continues to this day and probably always will in one form or another.

tons of people say the holocaust never happened/is overblown. Not just "lily-white" countries and dictators. Not that Im saying its true, I think those people need to wake up to the fact people were gassed and cremated by the truck load.

and slavery as a practise, id say, is far from gone. Although it has changed identity. Now its more corporate slavery now more than anything.

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard