Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
At what point in time do people stop blaming the past and take responsibility for themselves and their lives?

Personally, I'm only 28 and I'm tired of being the 'evil white man'

But you are evil Ryan, and it's not just because you're white.

All kidding aside. Even you are stereotyped! I know where you're coming from. I'm 31 and I don't deal drugs, shoot people, wear bling-bling, I've never been to jail, etc. I feel your pain. As you can see and feel for yourself racism, descrimination, etc. affects even those who do not share those views.

Right, but the whole discrimination thing, IMO, is used as a crutch for those who are to lazy to work through hardships. Discrimation affects all of us in different ways. In today's world there are too many successful minorities to continue using discrimination and racism as an excuse. If people really wanted to make their lives better they would make better decisions for themselves and their families such as Kane looks to have done. It starts some where. Too me be 'whitey,' it seems as if a lot of peoples want things handed to them and they don't want to work for them as people such as ourselves have done in our lives.

Discrimination, the race card, etc. are abused by people that are lazy at times. However, discrimination still exists and the ideal affects those that think the hard working minorities are looking for a handout. I've worked through hardships, but I've been blatantly discriminated against more times than I can count. The reason that it seems that minorities want things handed to them to you is in part due to that is the common ideal that is perpetuated in the media. It has been so ingrained that it has become an axiom.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R