Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Dang that sucks. At least no one was injured and you'll be able to get a better car.

Metallic Steel Blue 99 SE Sport ATX college= few mods Infinity Kappas just added I have no secondaries! SELL ME YOUR WORKING IMRC box!!!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
The funniest part of the movie was when Chris Farley was dancing to "Maniac" while at the gas station, thats some funny sheet

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
DEF. getting hood pins for my Cf hood..

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

exactly no need to risk it.

Sorry to hear about the bad news. good thing no one was hurt.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
The roof dent doesnt look bad, but there is structural bracing under that skin that would also be damaged (would also explain the lights breaking).

Ive had this happen. It is an intresting experience. Mine was in a `82 Cavalier and I was only doing 30. I cant imagine how it would have sounded at twice that speed.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
This happened to me on the way to trade my wife's Tracker in on the SVT . Scared the S*** out of me. Glad your safe.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by jtour:
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

exactly no need to risk it.

Sorry to hear about the bad news. good thing no one was hurt.

Psh, if you mod the latch correctly, it shouldnt be a problem.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Not to worry, that'll buff right out!

So you had had hood latching problems previously? Crazy! I'm glad everyone is safe.

I'm afraid with what little I know about these sorts of things that you are probably right about the totalling. While the damage is repairable, it will take a lot of labor. The insurance company would rather give you the $1000 (or whatever) the books say your car is worth, than pay double that to repair it. It's a shame, I wish to a certain extent it would be your choice... Yeah, just get an SVT there are few in the Classifieds! Or find a stock one and mod it yourself.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Well, the Contour isn't totalled. I just have to pay the $100 deductable and shes good as new (well, the hood and roof anyway). So it should be back in commission by next week's end. I guess it didn't really matter if it was totalled or not because I kinda wanted to keep it becuase of the low miles and all, but there's also this sweet 3L SVT in the classifieds that I really wanted. So I'll probally shoot some pics of the shiny new hood and roof when it comes back.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Contour is WAY to nose heavy to be a rally car, it'll plow worse than a John Deere tractor in the dirt.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard