Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Brad,

I've got a full set of the correct heads you need. Since you're planning on doing the SVT port matching, you've got to pull the heads anyways so it doesn't matter if you put on another set. Should be cheaper than trying to return the old motor. Also, if you were planning on having Kinger do them, I can ship them direct for you since he's only a couple hours away from me. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks,
Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Brad,

I've got a full set of the correct heads you need. Since you're planning on doing the SVT port matching, you've got to pull the heads anyways so it doesn't matter if you put on another set. Should be cheaper than trying to return the old motor. Also, if you were planning on having Kinger do them, I can ship them direct for you since he's only a couple hours away from me. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks,
Rick

Nice!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I got a extra set of oval ports if you need them as well. really this isnt a big deal, unless you wanted the oval port heads to come with the engine.

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
B
bradSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
FYI You didn't get screwed. Your lack of research and preparation screwed yourself.

Either sell it to someone else and hopefully break even, or go the hybrid route.

Thanks buddy; actually I have done a lot of research. For not having the engine in front of me I could tell you a lot about it.

I�m sorry that the salvage yard told me it was from a 2001 Taurus. I guess you can�t trust anyone. Oh and my bad for not noticing the water pump sooner. I got to excited that after a year of waiting that I finally got my engine.

Brad,

Thanks,
Rick

Thanks!
PM Sent

Originally posted by kinger:
I got a extra set of oval ports if you need them as well. really this isnt a big deal, unless you wanted the oval port heads to come with the engine.

Thanks!
PM Sent

3L process done
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by bradSVT:
FYI You didn't get screwed. Your lack of research and preparation screwed yourself.

Either sell it to someone else and hopefully break even, or go the hybrid route.

Thanks buddy; actually I have done a lot of research. For not having the engine in front of me I could tell you a lot about it.

I�m sorry that the salvage yard told me it was from a 2001 Taurus. I guess you can�t trust anyone. Oh and my bad for not noticing the water pump sooner. I got to excited that after a year of waiting that I finally got my engine.

Brad,

Thanks,
Rick

Thanks!
PM Sent

Originally posted by kinger:

Thanks!
PM Sent

I understand, however, I get tired of people pointing the finger at someone else. Personally, I would have looked for those types of things before I took it home for those exact reasons.

Ryan Trollin!
B
bradSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I understand, however, I get tired of people pointing the finger at someone else. Personally, I would have looked for those types of things before I took it home for those exact reasons.

Very understandable I just wish I looked closer and thought about the chance of getting the wrong engine. I know the guy probably thinks he sold me a 2001 engine as well. It will just be an expensive mistake.

3L process done
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by bradSVT:

Very understandable I just wish I looked closer and thought about the chance of getting the wrong engine. I know the guy probably thinks he sold me a 2001 engine as well. It will just be an expensive mistake.

at least you didn't buy the 3.0L Vulcan (Pushrod) engine like a previous member did!

Ryan Trollin!
B
bradSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
at least you didn't buy the 3.0L Vulcan (Pushrod) engine like a previous member did!

Ya everything looked right when I checked it through really fast. I noticed the waterpump later and thought I could switch it from my 2.5, but thats more like a hybrid.

3L process done
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Don't worry, I did the exact same thing, but with the intent of doing a hybrid. I got a 1999 Taurus block with hopes of mating some SVT heads to it and calling it day. Then along came a deal I couldn't pass up ... free heads in exchange for some help ... 2001 Escape heads. I now have the makings of a full oval port engine. I sent the heads to kinger and now I have a head/block combo of pushing 400+ HP to the wheels.

B
bradSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Don't worry, I did the exact same thing, but with the intent of doing a hybrid. I got a 1999 Taurus block with hopes of mating some SVT heads to it and calling it day. Then along came a deal I couldn't pass up ... free heads in exchange for some help ... 2001 Escape heads. I now have the makings of a full oval port engine. I sent the heads to kinger and now I have a head/block combo of pushing 400+ HP to the wheels.

Wow, looks like it worked out for you. Is that the setup your turbo is on?

Hopefully everything will work out for me too.

I called the salvage yard today to explain that they sold me the wrong year engine, the guy is doing research on it and I am calling him back in 10 minutes.

Maybe I can convince him to just refund half of my money because it�s an older model and not desired as much. Then I can get new heads and get Kinger to make them pretty.

3L process done
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard