Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Quote:

at least you didn't buy the 3.0L Vulcan (Pushrod) engine like a previous member did!

Yeah that would be bad. lol

The ONLY 96 (engine) 3L Build 'em fast. Spray 'em faster. ricehatersclub.com
B
bradSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Update: I called the salvage yard and was told I have a 2001 engine and if I want a 2000 engine I should have told themâ?¦ya that confused me too.

The English is limited but after 20 minutes on convincing them that the water pump changed from 99â?? 00â?? in 01â?? he got fed up and told me he couldnâ??t do anything about it. He explained to me that I have 2001 engine and that a water pump is cheap. I also got threatened to give him my VIN number so he can tell me if it fits or not, he said â??Are you scared or something man?â?. I went and found a 2001 Taurus SEL VIN # off of Auto Trader, so they can see what type of engine I need to use in my car. This has been no picnic today.

Finally still not giving into giving me my money back I told him that itâ??s a false advertisement, then I got an English speaker on the phone.

I just called them to give them the VIN # so they can look it up. They said they could possibly order in the engine I need to exchange it with mine.

If this doesnâ??t work out I will just go with getting the right heads and water pump for the 01â?? Taurus engine and working from there.

3L process done
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by bradSVT:
He explained to me that I have 2001 engine and that a water pump is cheap.

That part right there is enough to threaten to stick a work boot up his butt for. The water pump isn't swapable from 2000 to 2001 engines because the front head is entirely a different casting! Conference me on if you need to... email me at work for a number... bnoon@avtex.com

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Even if someone does het you some 01+ heads I'd take it back just on principle alone.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
B
bradSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Yummy Mummy:
Even if someone does het you some 01+ heads I'd take it back just on principle alone.

Ya because the price of the engine would have gone down lower since its an older model and $500 would have been expensive.

Their computers are being updated so I am put off until later on today.

3L process done
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
make a hybrid??

Ditto, it may take a tad more prep time but there is nothing inferior to a correctly done hybrid and it would probably be easier than taking it back and fighting with them to be honest. Still, he could call them just to see what they will do for him.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
BradSVT, you only need the 2001+ level LH head to get the rear water pump setup. The RH head is fine how it is.

B
bradSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by procyon:
BradSVT, you only need the 2001+ level LH head to get the rear water pump setup. The RH head is fine how it is.

Ya I need to find one of those. Buckshot has one I can buy off of him.

Update:
I gave the place the â??01 Taurus VIN# and they still told me itâ??s the same engine from â??00-â??03. But it looks like they might take the engine back for a full refund and not the 25% restocking fee they told me before.

The problem is that if I return it, I donâ??t have an engine for this swap and there are a limited number of good engines on the west coast. I have been looking for an engine under 20k preferably around 10k and this engine was supposed to be 11k.

It was $538 and $50 bucks of gas. It will be another 7 ?½ hours of driving and another $50 to return it. That brings the total from -$588 to -$100 from the driving. If I just go with getting new heads from Buckshot I will be running around -$688 then the price of gas from the first trip, so up to -$738.

I called a place for another engine today. Itâ??s in Arizona and the engine is a â??02 Taurus with 6k on it. It is $550 with core deposit and $150 to ship it to me. That brings that total to $700.

Not sure really what I should doâ?¦

I still need to either try, or pay for someone to do the port matching for my SVT UIM.

3L process done
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
For the record, an engine's mileage is absolutely NO indication of engine condition ... only more likely to have less wear IF treated right during that time frame.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I hope that I'm not rubbing salt in a wound, but my experience with wrecking yards is that almost always they try to say that an engine is one year newer than it really is. I can't tell you how many I have sent back without allowing them to be removed from the delivery truck.

They really should be willing to be of more help here.

It sounds like you have offers to help with getting the correct heads. Why not take them up on it and be done with it.

In the mean time, file a complaint with whoever might be able with getting a partial refund. The better business bureau, the state department of consumer affairs, etc. Don't expect a refund and be pleasently surprised if one comes through.

Life's too short to spend too much time trying to force them to make it right.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard