Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:
I didn't get the piping yet to redo my return line, but I am preeeeetty sure it is the problem.

What I've found so far...

1. Underhood smoke is coming from oil and degreaser soaked header wrap from the PCV valve popping off.

2. The car starts fine, idles and drives normal

3. Idling, the exhaust is normal. Under load, it smokes. (Which could mean that when it's under boost, it smokes )

I should have time to get a new return line installed tomorrow. I just might seperate the downpipe from the turbo to see if there is any oil in it, like if a seal in the turbo blew.

Well it does smoke under boost, but its only because the temps get so hot so quickly that it starts to burn the oil out of the header wrap. Don't worry! I did this like three or four times!
The header wrap really holds the oil and it acts like a wick for a smoke bomb LOL.
I took me two days to burn off all the oil when I spilled a bunch on the header wrap before....and yes everyone looks at you like your car is on fire till it burns away. I purposely removed header wrap on the pipe under where the oil filter is changed just for this reason.

So go find a back road or a street with some neighbors you don't like, and then start running it up and down the road with some full throttle runs in lower gears. The heat will go up tremendously and if you don't give it a chance to cool down it will burn off the oil much quicker, maybe in 20 minutes.

Good luck. You'll be known as the flaming ford around town after that.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black