Originally posted by Meester Duratec:
It was my first inclination that the machine shop overbored too much, but we later discussed that the bore was correct and the rings were wrong. If you remember, the piston company sent the wrong rings with the order originally, but too much time had passed so they wouldn't do anything on them. I then ordered a set of Fel pro overbore rings, but they weren't big enough either. I finally had to go to Total Seal and get a set from them, plus send in the pistons to have the top ring groove cut to fit the 1.5 mm ring thickness. In any case, it was the ring issue all along in regards to thinking the bore was done incorrectly.

Rick

Let me go on record and say that before I even got my shortblock from Rick, he told me to stay at or below 300HP. IF anything is wrong with the engine, I can't and don't blame him at all for me ignoring (not to spite, but to make a point) his soild advice.

I went off of memory on any reason I could have a failure, I wasn't finger pointing or anything like that. I do feel a lot better knowing that my engine doesn't have the.... "quirk" I had originally thought it did. Looking into further PM's, you are 100% correct and my craptastic memory was at fault

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone