Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:
I'm going to find out why my car is doing what it is before I do anything else.

Until the compression tester shows....

My exhaust system is filled with oil. I have a pin hole in my system about half way down the system, and there was a decent puddle under it

I've never had to deal with broken ring lands before, but wouldn't I have oil contamination on the spark plugs?
My block was bored too big for my pistons, and a set of oversized rings had to go in after the pistons were cut for them.

My PCV had failed all together (did not seal at all), and I have since replaced it with a Lightning PCV (from Checkers).... though it doesn't totally seal. I'm going to stop by the dealership and get either a T-bird turbo coupe or a Lightning PCV, wheatever seals better.

I do not have 1-way valves on my valve cover vent or PCV lines that are tapped into my intake (between my MAF and turbo). Could this be the source of my problem?

Broken ringlands:
--Yes, the plugs were oil fouled on mine and I'd expect them fouled on yours.

--Not sure on the oversized bore.

-- PCV, I recommend the stock PCV as I tried the lightning pcv and had some issues with sealing also. The stock pcv is what the car came with and works FINE. Still working fine. Mainly, you must not have any loose hoses and you must have good vacuum to it.

--I did not have any one way valves on the valve cover vents. They must be able to allow airflow both ways in case of blow-by under boost and of course for vacuum through the pcv valve running fresh air into the engine through the vents. Leave that system the way it is, put in a new stock pcv in the correct manner. Clamp your hoses.

--Oil in the exhaust. Even with two completely broken pistons with oil all in the cylinders I didn't have enough oil to make it down into the exhaust system and DEFINITELY not nearly as much smoke as you have, nor no puddling of oil into the exhaust at all!!
After this fact I'm almost convinced you either don't have the proper restrictor in your oil feed line, your oil drain is plugged up, or you have blown the exhaust side of your turbine shaft seal!
This is very easy to fix and I think you are getting too down on yourself too quickly.

Do the compression test for peace of mind, but you should also be thinking about pulling the turbo at this point.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black