Originally posted by iso50:
What your doing, not the best. Fram are one of the worst filters out there, and I can't imagine Wal-Mart oil being very good.

I definitely agree about the Fram oil filters. Their oil filters are notoriously bad. However, other application filters by fram are fine.

Though, I do not agree w/your comment on Walmart's Supertech oil. I agree it is more than likely a cheap grade oil, however it does meet SAE standards. Furthermore, I believe it is made by Warren Distribution. I believe these guys also make Pennzoil. Anyways, if you use a good filter (Motorcraft/Puralator, and even K&N, though you probably wouldn't buy this filter and be using Supertech!), and change the oil rather frequently, it's fine. I did a little research before I started using this oil in my mom's car. We've been running it for a while. Though, I'm constantly switching, since I ran into a free 5 qts Max Life promotion not too long ago. All in all, the car works fine. (My mom drives a 98 SE tour, and she drives even more aggresively than I do!).

Furthermore, I've been using their ATX fluid in both my car and my mom's w/o any issues. Really cheap stuff in comparison to the name-brand. The only reoccuring problem w/Supertech dino oil from my research was that they are constantly changing their supplier. Older Supertech used to be QS. Anyways, it's not such a bad option if you're on a budget, and are willing to be persistant about your oil change regimen.

Last edited by ancientsanskrit; 07/25/06 06:36 PM.

99 Black Contour SE Sport