I really enjoyed myself. Some of the veteran auto-xers mentioned that Sundays course was set up for experianced auto-xers. There were several crossovers that allowed us to take full advantage of the airstrip and several cones that intentionally caused people to consider an off course gate. I think I would be more interested in a course that was a bit more open. I could really get a feel for my tires and the turbo. between gates the turbo would spool quick, I'd let off and the rear would loosen up with a little as I would come thru a gate. Halfway thru I would bring the boost back up and the car would straighten up and go for the next. It was all very predictable.

Thats great that Bry let you run the Cobra! As much as I trust Jim and his driving abilities, I don't know how willing I would be to let him run my Mazdaspeed. How did it feel? I too was sitting at the port of the sea of cones looking at my odometer with 5500mi thinking the same thing.

My friend Zak was there with his 95 Miata (first time running for him too), he had mentioned to a guy he was working a corner with that I might be slow because I was concerned about protecting the condition of the car/wheels/paint. Zak said that when I came thru the tight gates in his corner with the turbo singing and the rear end drifting slightly, the guy looked over and said..."Looks like he got over those fears real fast!!"

Zak was saying that I was coming thru the gates in his section at about the same speed as the other cars in my group. I know if I had some 15" wheels and better track rubber I could have been much faster in the tight course.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour