Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
cjbaldw Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by SQPlus:
I too want the SSR GT1's in 17's but I really like those EMR219s also...may have to consider that.
Same here dude. ICW Racing wheels also makes an identical 219S series wheels to the Panther, my bet is they are all manufactured by the same plant in the end. I've seen the ICW 18" 219S for as low as $149/wheel, not bad. ACE wheels also have the Spade model which is identical. I'm trying to find out if the specs are identical now.

Most local guys are quoting me around 1400/set for the Panther EMR 219 with Kumho 225/40ZR18 tires, a bit more than I want to spend, so the hunt for a better price continues...

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

99 SVT Contour - Silver - #49/2760

"To make a living is to get, to make a life is to give." - Winston Churchill
C
cjbaldw Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Here's a list of all of the "219" series wheels I've found so far:

Panther EMR 219
ACE A151 Spade
Nakayama Phantom GT-R
ICW 219S

Later...

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

X
X
Quote:
Originally posted by 2000SVTFlyboy:
I just ordered ADR Trauma's for my car with Kuhmo 712's on it. I have bald fronts and a nail in a rear, so I decided the same thing.
ADR Trauma @ Whalen tire
Mann i have those but in 18's......... laugh

Da Stealth Moblile
C
cjbaldw Offline OP
OP Offline
C
This is a pic of the SSR GT1:

This is my first choice. 18" package with Kumho tires from Tirerack is about 1900, 17" package is about 1750. Pricey to say the least, but the SSR series is SO much lighter than all of the other wheels as well, because of the Alumax SSF (semi solid forged) process used to create the rims. The 18" SSR GT1's in 42mm offset are only 17.8 lbs a piece. That is lighter than the stock wheels, the 17's are only 16.5 pounds. Nice. Decisions decisions...

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

S
S
You gotta stop posting all these links...makes want to just order the wheels right now!

I didn't think we could get the GT1 in 18"?! Tirerack only lists 16 and 17...last I checked.

laugh

C
cjbaldw Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by SQPlus:
You gotta stop posting all these links...makes want to just order the wheels right now!

I didn't think we could get the GT1 in 18"?! Tirerack only lists 16 and 17...last I checked.

laugh
Yeah, I said the same thing to the guy "Chase" I was talking to at Tirerack but he said that the SSR GT1 18's WILL fit on the SVT. In fact, from what I've read, the SSR GT1 series is actually available in multiple offsets, like 35, 38, 40, 42, and 45, which is really cool if it's true - can anyone validate? I'm going to call Luke at Tirerack and get the lowdown ASAP...I'll post the results! smile

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

H
H
if i remember from recent posts, u should get 42 offset for 17x7.5 and 40 for 17x7. offsets being the lowest u should go for each width. if i had to pick, i'd go w/ the ssr. dont like the panthers at all. there are wheels that wheelmax carries that they do not list for the contour but i know fit, like the velox vx8 (4x108 17x7.5 42 offset)

...and yes, I did SEARCH first before asking.

AIM:omegazodiac

95 gl
99 contour svt #1750/2760
built 4/6/99
black/tan
plates, not personalized (###-REV)
amsoil series 2000 oil & filter~amsoil tranny fluid cocktail~tint: 35% windshield/front doors,20% rear window/rear doors~black oval/rear strip~nyceboi rear emblem~aussie grills~hella led sidemarkers~piaa superwhite low's~piaa extreme reverse lights~door dingless (knauberized)~hood liner removed~black '95 sail panels~trunk cargo net~mondeo hood struts~ford racing red 9mm wires~autolite double plat plugs~jensen hu~recontented dash clock(it rocks)~clifford ag4 security
C
cjbaldw Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by hmouta:
if i remember from recent posts, u should get 42 offset for 17x7.5 and 40 for 17x7. offsets being the lowest u should go for each width. if i had to pick, i'd go w/ the ssr. dont like the panthers at all. there are wheels that wheelmax carries that they do not list for the contour but i know fit, like the velox vx8 (4x108 17x7.5 42 offset)
Yes I agree about the SSR's, still mulling it over in my head and trying to find the best deal out there. While I can afford to do the 1800 dollar wheel deal, several other things start entering my mind as far as that money being better spent. When I was looking at 800, that was one thing, 1800 is quite another. Still mulling it over... smile

I found the same thing when I called wheelmax, they guy there didn't identify several wheels that I knew came in our bolt pattern with an acceptable offset. Oh well, product expertise is hard to come by these days...

I wish I could see a picture of an SVT with the 18" SSR's... smile

EDIT: BTW, found an interesting wheel weight site , quite a few brand name wheels listed there with complete weight info, which is hard to come by so I found it very helpful...

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

O
O
Quote:
Originally posted by hmouta:
i think you want to to in the oposite direction with those offsets. I'd say 42mm for 7.5" width and 45mm for 7" width. remember the 6.5" width stockers are 49.5mm offset.

Please: put something meaningful in your post subject! NOT "please readme!".
--------------------
"your" is possessive, "you're" is the conjunction that is short for "you are", "there" is for "the dictionary is over THERE", "their" is the possessive one, and "they're" is a conjunction that is short for "they are". have a nice day :rolleyes:
--------------------
Silver Frost non-E1 SVT/Contour
see my registry/profile: http://contour.org/carprofile/carprofile.cgi?a=display&uid=00004623
O
O
info on wheelmax:

called, only wheel they say they have for contour right now is the ADR phase-II. looks kinda like the mondeo wheel with lots of spokes.. only uglier IMHO.

they have really crappy tires in their package deals. if i wanted to "upgrade" to toyo fz4 i'd end up with $1049 total shipped. they don't even offer T1-S because of the "wet traction" issues. whatever.

their shipping is $90 (to CT) $10/wheel mounting and balancing. $9 tuner lugs. and the tire upgrade was $100.

maybe this will save some people calling.

oh, those 17x7 are 42mm offset which should fit. they gave me crap about wanting 225s also. they push pretty hard for stuff that seems like it will fit well. which i guess is good, but kind of annoying when i know what i want.

Please: put something meaningful in your post subject! NOT "please readme!".
--------------------
"your" is possessive, "you're" is the conjunction that is short for "you are", "there" is for "the dictionary is over THERE", "their" is the possessive one, and "they're" is a conjunction that is short for "they are". have a nice day :rolleyes:
--------------------
Silver Frost non-E1 SVT/Contour
see my registry/profile: http://contour.org/carprofile/carprofile.cgi?a=display&uid=00004623
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard