Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
P
Cool, it sounds like your exhaust setup is exactly what I want to get for mine: two magnaflows in the stock pipe.

But first I have to deal with the recurring CEL, and then get the e-RAM working, and flush the brake fluid before my next trip (late July). Then the exhaust. And then, finally, see what I can do for a chip.

96 GL Zetec ATX, white with pinstripe, nickname " Sam Smooth "
mods so far: CTA intake with homemade heat shield, KVR drilled front rotors & carbon pads w/ 500° fluid
planned mods: exhaust (want to keep it quiet), e-ram (awaiting installation), diablo chip
involuntary mods: compression increased after head gasket failure
N
Nis Offline
N
I'd like to install an exhaust system, but i'm waiting for D DAVIS' CAI first. Hey, D DAVIS? You out there? You listening? Do you see what you are doing here? I can't go on like this!!!! I WANT MY CAI!!!!

===========================================
1999 Contour SE
2.0 Zetec
KKM Sound Enhancer (soon to be tossed aside... D DAVIS)
Front Bra
Beautiful Girlfriend for a passanger
MAGNAFLOW SUX!!!!!

Just kidding.

Redhawk's setup is very nice...very true to the car's european roots...sound is more european than asian, if that makes sense. Got to see it last weekend.

Former owner of 1999 SVT Contour #555
J
J
Thanks for the info Redhawk. I have the SHO Shop Y-Pipe and Hi-Flow Cat and also a Magnaflow Stainless Steel Muffler. I removed the resonator and love the sound, but I believe it is too loud and raspy. So, with your advice, I bought a Magnaflow resonator that is currently being shipped and will have it installed when it comes in. I will let you know how it sounds.

2000 Contour 2.5L ATX (Medium Steel Blue)

Items for Sale
  • SVT Indiglo Guages (NEW)
  • Traction Control/Rear Defrost Switch (NEW)
  • V6 Speedometer/Guage Cluster w/ Tach (51k miles)
R
redhawk Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Good to know this was an informative post. I kinda felt like I was whoring it out a bit laugh

John, thanks for the shout out smile

Paul, please keep me up to date on the E-ram. Very interested in seeing how that turns out...

Kharma is very real and she is one mean b!tch.
R
R
Quote:
Force the ATX to downship at 65mph and it will put you into the seat.
What do you mean by that? Cutting the O/D off?

A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by redhawk:
Paul, please keep me up to date on the E-ram. Very interested in seeing how that turns out...
Ditto

99 SE Zetec ATX
CTA intake
ZX2 FMS wires(that don't fit my oddball coil)
andenthal@mindspring.com
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by redhawk:
It is still not installed, because I have been very busy at work, and have not had time to resolve the recurring "too lean" CEL problem.

96 GL Zetec ATX, white with pinstripe, nickname " Sam Smooth "
mods so far: CTA intake with homemade heat shield, KVR drilled front rotors & carbon pads w/ 500° fluid
planned mods: exhaust (want to keep it quiet), e-ram (awaiting installation), diablo chip
involuntary mods: compression increased after head gasket failure
R
redhawk Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Rynn:
Quote:
Force the ATX to downship at 65mph and it will put you into the seat.
What do you mean by that? Cutting the O/D off?
You can make the car downshift by stepping into the accelerator slighty past half throttle. Most ATX's will do this...

Kharma is very real and she is one mean b!tch.
W
W
I granted i no nothing about exhaust but i do like the set up that is talked about here. So if i was to reverse the set up and put the 14" Long - 3.5"x7" Oval Muffler in the resonator spot and the 14" Long - 4" dia Round Muffler in the back would the set up still be as effective. See i want to start with the 3.5"x7" Oval Muffler in the resonator spot and cut off the stock muffler and if its to loud place the 14" Long - 4" dia Round Muffler in the back. Will this work?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard