Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
EdwardC Offline OP
OP Offline
E
She is an English Professor at a large East Coast University. I am on cloud 9 people! laugh This is my first real date since 1990 (most of this time period was taken up my a terrible marriage). So what's the dating ettiquette these days? Flowers? a bottle of wine? Do guys still open car doors for women? Do I take off my jacket and lay it on a puddle so she won't get he shoes wet. I am clueless. confused She is 28 and I am 35 years old.

Move only if there is a real advantage to be gained...when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

'98 SVT E0
Superchip
Y-pipe
KKM filter
custom 2.5 cat back exhaust
UDP
linux fish
R
Ray Offline
R
Hey.. congrats! We are in the same boat.. I am lucky enough to have the woman of my dreams, as well....

Chivalry is not dead... I believe that, at least.. The vast majority of females (on the younger side of the spectrum) wouldn't know what chivalry was, if it bit them on their make-up caked faces. I open EVERY door for m'lady, and carry her hand, daintily, as she ascends or decends a staircase (myself always leading her by a few stairs, per chance that she should lose her footing..)

She loves being treated cordially, and respects me for doing so. Then again, this was the way I was raised, and it isn't an "act" that I do, it is nothing more than "normal" for me..

As far as a first date..
A single flower shall suffice...
a dozen roses is a bit presumptuous(sp)
if not over done, as well..

Depending on the nature of the date (a nice dinner, cooked at her home) a bottle of fine wine is a good place to start, however, be sure you know her views on alcohol, beforehand.

If you are dining out, or attending another social event, forego the wine, and instead focus on the well placed hand when she stands, things of the friendly manner.

If you INSIST on moving her chair in for her, while she sits, then do so carefully.. Don't SHOVE her in, or cause her to "hop" the chair forward, while you grunt and shove at the same time. A quick nudge forward, after she is in front of the seat and bending her knees, yet not having sat down, yet is good. (The key is not to MOVE her and the seat, rather place the seat under where she would need to be..

This is getting extremely off topic...

ETiquette: single rose, coat across the shoulders in cold climates (don't wait for her to ask...) open every door..

Take it from there, with those three steps..

Sorry so long..
oh.. and always... THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY ME DO NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OR OPINIONS OF ANYONE ELSE. IN NO WAY SHOULD YOU TRY THESE ACTIONS, OR BECOME ANGRY AT THESES STATEMENTS, SHOULD YOU NOT AGREE..

.02, is all..

Ray

Check out my car!! (Profile Registry)

Have a Nextel two-way? check out my registry for my number!

Ray Haralson
Jacksonville, FL
s_r_haralson@sar.med.navy.mil
srh@texas.net

YIM: midnghtflm
AIM: midnghtflm

NEWEST MOD: a BEAUTIFUL girlfriend for my one and only passenger.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray:

A single flower shall suffice...
a dozen roses is a bit presumptuous(sp)
if not over done, as well..

I agree.

Quote:

Don't SHOVE her in, or cause her to "hop" the chair forward, while you grunt and shove at the same time.

Thats a funny image that I've seen a few times.

D
D
Quote:
oh.. and always... THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY ME DO NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OR OPINIONS OF ANYONE ELSE. IN NO WAY SHOULD YOU TRY THESE ACTIONS, OR BECOME ANGRY AT THESES STATEMENTS, SHOULD YOU NOT AGREE..

.02, is all..

Ray
LOL - love the disclaimer laugh

125.2 FWHP - 126.5 FWTQ
SVT exhaust (#4 of 9) - B&M FPR - Custom CAI - bnoon optimized TB #1 & 2 (beat that!!)
Black '98.5 SE Zetec MTX
Best quote seen in a chat - "Jinx 12345678910 you owe me a naked picture of yourself!"
D
D
I would not open all the doors for her. I think she would think your hard up or something. A door here a door there just don't over do it or she will think your hiding something. To find out what she expects maybe find out when her birthday is and look at her horoscope. Example a libra likes to be the dominent one. An aries is very tempramental. I have always used this and found alot of truth in it. Mine explains me to a tee and also my girfriend which is a pisces. The daily horoscope thing is fair fetched IMHO. Good luck.

Dustyn
Red 1998 SVT E1
95 Mustang GT
Yeah there both slow
New ram clutch for sale
Sho shop pullies and belt for sale 30 bucks
D
D
A nice trip to the local church would be a good option, followed by a romantic wild game dinner, followed by a enjoyable evening of Rock'n Trap shooting at the local gun range.

BTW, congrats on the date, I hope all goes well.

I
I
Me personally would take her out to a nice dinner and perhaps a movie. Women tend to care more about what your personality is like rather than anything else, so I would keep it simple.

The flower idea is so played out today. Save the cash for your dinner with a nice bottle of wine. wink

Since I know you are nothing like me (in a good way wink ), keep the converstaion real and to the point. You should come out ahead if you go this route. smile

99 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
Mystery Car??????
L
L
"Mine explains me to a tee and also my girfriend which is a pieces."

Would that be a Resse pieces?

Don't do too much (doors, hand holding, flowers...). Once you start, this will be expected for the next ohh...50 years!! I figure that my keypad unlocks both doors to the car for a reason. Just my $.02

Still thinking...
L
L
Whoops myself.

Reese would be the correct term eh?

Still thinking...
D
D
Oh, and don't say to her at dinner, "damn girl, you sure it alot!"
or
pick food off of her plate and say, "I got to get my money's worth you know?"

98 SE Duratec/MTX Plain Jane (for now)