Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#398584 07/13/02 03:24 PM
S
S
The E/T does suck, but the trap speed shows there's lots of potential, given more tuning, traction, and practice.

\'94 Cobra #4963/5009, black on black, not quite stock
Formerly owned a black '00 SVT, #1972
Join the SVTOA!
RIP - Ray "Old Fart Emeritus" McNairy
#398585 07/13/02 03:47 PM
K
Kaiser. Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I know it sucks I was first to admit it. I'm sure putting 250+ hp to one wheel wasn't helping either. I'll have new times in about 2 weeks after I put my car back together again. For now it's another loaner until the pipes are copied. Hopefully it will be under 100 degrees at dusk in a couple of weeks. Better yet this time I'll use ice in the intercooler like it was designed for.

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
#398586 07/13/02 03:53 PM
T
T
I thought you put a Quaife in that trans? confused

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
#398587 07/13/02 05:00 PM
K
Kaiser. Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Not yet Terry, it's waiting for me.

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
#398588 07/13/02 05:03 PM
P
P
While we (Chris and I) ordered them together, he wanted to wait to put it in. They want to prove numbers and potential on the stock drivetrain. They will show that a Quaife isn't a "have to have" it is a "nice to have" for the Turbo'd Contour/Cougar. Some people may not have an extra $2K laying around after they purchase the Turbo... wink

I think that the Quaife will definitely make an improvement on keeping the wheels on the road. I can't wait to add the Turbo to my sig. laugh

Po-Jay

Ghetto Mods Galore!
Quaife-CenterForce Clutch-Butterflies Rmvd and Replaced again-Bassani Exhaust w/custom "Y"-Pipe-33% of Mystery Mod-Pro M 75MM MAF-BNoon Optimized SVT TB-B+M Short Throw-ES Front Engine Mount-Some Aesthetic Crap-
Blood,Sweat,Tears
Do I hear the Fat Lady singing?
98 E0 Silver Frost (Is there any other color?)
172HP 149TQ W/Bad A/F Mix
#398589 07/13/02 05:52 PM
T
T
With respect, the Quaife replaces a weak stock diff as part of the improvements re 'getting the power down', I'd be inclined not to wait for your stoc diff to exit the trans case with the power of a t/c motor behind it...you could be placed in a big $$$$ hole if you push your luck! wink

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
#398590 07/13/02 06:09 PM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
With respect, the Quaife replaces a weak stock diff as part of the improvements re 'getting the power down', I'd be inclined not to wait for your stoc diff to exit the trans case with the power of a t/c motor behind it...you could be placed in a big $$$$ hole if you push your luck! wink
At what point would a person have to worry about the gears stripping off the main stack? HP numbers of course. I just read about a race cougar that had to get hardend gears for just this purpose. Its seems if they had the quaife diff they could stall out at 3000 and already be in the powerband maybe then yield better numbers than the vortech.

Dustyn
Red 1998 SVT E1
95 Mustang GT
Yeah there both slow
New ram clutch for sale
Sho shop pullies and belt for sale 30 bucks
#398591 07/13/02 06:11 PM
S
S
id put that lsd in if i were you... with the ammount of power you will teat that trans apart.. be on the safe side man! good luck!

99 svt contour
-its fast. period.
91 mustang gt
-its faster. period.
86 Buick Grand National
- its way faster, double period!
#398592 07/13/02 08:32 PM
T
T
Dustyn, I think the Cougars your are referring to are either the Mumm Bros or Capaldis, in which case both those race teams have far in excess of the HP & torque out of their motors than any CEG'r on this site... wink

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
#398593 07/13/02 09:12 PM
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
While I totally agree with you Terry, I was merely making the point that you "Can" drive the T/C without the Quaife. You have the potential for some serious damage if you don't respect the power that it adds, though.
You "can" do one before the other if your wallet isn't as big as... Say.. Terry's... wink

Thanks.

Po-Jay

Ghetto Mods Galore!
Quaife-CenterForce Clutch-Butterflies Rmvd and Replaced again-Bassani Exhaust w/custom "Y"-Pipe-33% of Mystery Mod-Pro M 75MM MAF-BNoon Optimized SVT TB-B+M Short Throw-ES Front Engine Mount-Some Aesthetic Crap-
Blood,Sweat,Tears
Do I hear the Fat Lady singing?
98 E0 Silver Frost (Is there any other color?)
172HP 149TQ W/Bad A/F Mix
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard