Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
L
Whew...that's good. Yeah, I should've known it wasn't going to be just water in the intercooler. Okay, so 2 questions:

Would it be possible to get a rough revised cost estimate on the kit, or is it too early to say?

And would it be possible to see a couple of pics of the turbo and the associated plumbing that's under the intercooler?

1999 SVT Contour - Silver Frost
J
J
what is the silver box right before the TB

jiako|98 svt silver|kkm true rev|18" Enkie RS5 wrapped w/falken GRB FK451 215/40|Mesh grill|
Sony headunit|Boston Acoutics (4)5X7|Memphis 1100 amp|(2) JL 12W3|KVR X drilled rotors|35% tint|2.25" True Duals w/ Magnaflows| kkm pedals|LSD|Fidnaza Flywheel|Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch|FMS wires|Konis/Eibach|ESP bushings and Mounts|75MM PRO FLOW|DMD|Aluminum shifter & E-brake handle|SAFC|HID's and a few more cc's 196.1 and 183.4
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by jiako:
intercooler

Jim Hahn
1996 T-Red Contour SE
2002 Black Mazda MP5
Latest mods: sho shop off road y-pipe
C
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman333:
Chris, still haven't answered my question about ground clearance, and do you have any idea what buying parts for this system would cost? Headers, Turbo downpipe, intercooler?
It will fit fine. Since the tranny is at the same spot as the wheels, and the wheels tend to push the car up and over speed bumps, etc. this will just mean you have to make sure you don't hit any stumps are large rocks. For the people that have the SVT font bumper, it doesn't go below that line.

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by jiako:
I wish I had any box before the TB.

Just let your imagination fill in any possible double entendres.

Now back to the original thread before I hijack it too far off course.

TB

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
B
B
Is there any chance of offering the headers to the collector and down pipe as a piping only kit for those of us with a DIY attitude? I've got the fueling and engine control figured out, can add a intercooler later, and have access to to many turbo parts to want the full kit. Not to mention, stage two of project Silvinator just might flow to much for a T28 anyway... Just asking...

Brad Noon
'99 SE MTX
3 point oh my God H.O. 179HP/178TQ
BNMotorsports Floormats, powder coating, TB optimizing, Gutted cats, etc
BNMotorsports is now the preferred distributor of Contour/SVT/Mystique Indiglo style gauges!!!
bnmotorsports@msn.com
C
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
C
Quote:
Originally posted by bnoon:
Is there any chance of offering the headers to the collector and down pipe as a piping only kit for those of us with a DIY attitude? I've got the fueling and engine control figured out, can add a intercooler later, and have access to to many turbo parts to want the full kit. Not to mention, stage two of project Silvinator just might flow to much for a T28 anyway... Just asking...
Yes, very much so. A T3/4 might be a good choice for your engine.

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
N
N
So when do i ship you my car?

SVT EMBLEM MOD HERE

:::96:C:LX:::
Black 2.5L ATX "my beater" - Shaved ? badgeless ? SE rocker panels
:::99:SVT:C::: #2566 of 2760
T-RED/TAN "the bitçh" Brullen Cat-back w/ 3.5" angle-cut tips ? BAT European Suspension ? AFE Filter ? CnL 73mm MAF ? Diablosport Chip :MNQ3: ? Mirko front spilter ? Apexi SAFC (i'm scared to install! anyone in Norcal wanna help me?)

..::nyceboicreations.com::..
email:junkmail@nyceboicreations.com
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by RedSVT:
What your looking at is a heat blanket that is wraped around the turbine side of the turbo. If you dont wrap that turbo you will burn the paint off the hood as well as burn up alot of the components around the turbo. Those things get HOT!! Why after running 70 MPH on the interstate mine has been seen to glow dull red!! wink Lotsa heat there. eek
you should get that checked out... as a general rule, a glowing manifold/header/exhaust housing indicates a lean situation.

my paint isnt coming off of my hood...

1985 SVO: 4 cylinders, 5 gears, 20 PSI
1998 torredor red SVT contour: #3705 of 6535
need info on your SVTs service/recall/warranty history? e mail me...
R
R
Nothing to worry about Don everything is fine. Dull cherry red is normal, bright whiteish orange is'nt. Exhaust Temps are within range. A/F ratio's are fine, its just nature of the beast. wink

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard