Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by godzilla:
lol Rip off??
If you feel it's a rip off, build it yourself and then tell us about it.

Don't forget to include costs for all the dyno runs to tune it.

And the fact you'll have to warranty your product if you decide to sell it to the public.

And you're selling to a very limited audience if you do.

This isn't Wal-Mart we're talking about smile

125.2 FWHP - 126.5 FWTQ
SVT exhaust (#4 of 9) - B&M FPR - Custom CAI - bnoon optimized TB #1 & 2 (beat that!!)
Black '98.5 SE Zetec MTX
Best quote seen in a chat - "Jinx 12345678910 you owe me a naked picture of yourself!"
O
O
I meant no disrespect to anyone - I was interested at first, but I finally got impatient and sold my SVT before the kit came out.. But for the price of my car and the turbo kit, I can get into a 400+HP Twin Turbo 300ZX, and not have to deal with traction issues and the delicate tranny.

I'm still looking forward to 1/4 times on a cool non-humid day, when you've got the Quaife installed. Show me a mid-13s timeslip, and I'll be mad impressed.

K
K
Quote:
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:
I meant no disrespect to anyone - I was interested at first, but I finally got impatient and sold my SVT before the kit came out.. But for the price of my car and the turbo kit, I can get into a 400+HP Twin Turbo 300ZX, and not have to deal with traction issues and the delicate tranny.
Well duh we can all go out and buy a RWD sports car that is made to handle 400hp, but guys like me enjoy CHEAP INSURANCE and FWD FOR THE WINTER. Compare apples to apples and see if the SVT or cougar with a TC is a poor car.

2000 Roush Cougar MTX
MSDS Headers, Rear disc conversion, SVT TB and IM, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Weapon R Dragon w/kkm MAF adaptor, B&M, NR wht gauges
O
O
Quote:
Originally posted by kinger:
Quote:
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:
[b]I meant no disrespect to anyone - I was interested at first, but I finally got impatient and sold my SVT before the kit came out.. But for the price of my car and the turbo kit, I can get into a 400+HP Twin Turbo 300ZX, and not have to deal with traction issues and the delicate tranny.
Well duh we can all go out and buy a RWD sports car that is made to handle 400hp, but guys like me enjoy CHEAP INSURANCE and FWD FOR THE WINTER. Compare apples to apples and see if the SVT or cougar with a TC is a poor car.[/b]
I dunno where you live, but insurance on a 1990 TTZ is actually the same as my 98 SVT was for me. Not to mention the SVT isn't really that great of a winter car, though I managed to limp through a few winters w/o drama.

Let's all get real.. The reason people don't want to get rid of their Contours is because 90% of people are upside down on their loans because of the pitiful resale value of these cars. So they feel they have to make the best of a bad situation by modding their current ride.

K
K
Thats a good point, lots of people are upside down. I guess I would still rather drive a 10 year newer car then then old Z, even though the Z is faster, personal preference I guess. Each to thier own! smile

I run snow shoes on my car in the winter its handles ice very well, anything over 6" of snow is a problem though cause it hits the GFX.

How much is your ins? Mine is $70/month and will go to $60 after this weekend when I get married, and next march it will go to $45 after 3 speeding tickets drop off. Me likes smile

2000 Roush Cougar MTX
MSDS Headers, Rear disc conversion, SVT TB and IM, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Weapon R Dragon w/kkm MAF adaptor, B&M, NR wht gauges
A
A
Quote:
Let's all get real.. The reason people don't want to get rid of their Contours is because 90% of people are upside down on their loans because of the pitiful resale value of these cars. So they feel they have to make the best of a bad situation by modding their current ride.
Exactly

99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver
O
O
Quote:
How much is your ins? Mine is $70/month and will go to $60 after this weekend when I get married, and next march it will go to $45 after 3 speeding tickets drop off. Me likes smile
Mine was $192/month.. And I'm 27 years old, no accidents, a single ticket. NJ insurance sucks.

J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
Quote:
Originally posted by HellaHydro:
[b]Chris, what are your thoughts on Kaiser initial numbers with the Turbo?
It still needs just a hair more tuning. This will happen soon. You also need to take into account that the ambient air was 100F. I'd say that is pretty damn good for the temperature.

We are doing Craig Flango's car right now.It should be interesting to see what we can do with the lower compression smile [/b]
Lower compression heads/pistons? Any forged internals added and if anyone has a ballpark figure, how much? I know this has probably been asked ad nauseum, but humor me if the information is out there...

Have any of the test mules' trannys/engines had a problem with their newfound muscles?

I tend to be a worrywart, so a new cluth/quaife is going in soon. I'm just trying to find out how much I'm realistically going to have to sink into this thing to make damn sure I won't have a mechanical nightmare on my hands, as the turbo package has been calling my name for some time...

Now just to get the wife signed off on it. eek

JaTo
Overland Park, KS
JaTo@kc.rr.com

99 Contour SVT
#143/2760
Modded to Taste

00 Corvette Coupe
Modded to Haste
P
P
Quote:
Well duh we can all go out and buy a RWD sports car that is made to handle 400hp, but guys like me enjoy CHEAP INSURANCE and FWD FOR THE WINTER. Compare apples to apples and see if the SVT or cougar with a TC is a poor car.
..COUGH.. 1.8t VW ..COUGH... laugh

S
S
Quote:

I pay $350/mo for my insurance......lots of tickets, suspended license and more laugh

I agree with Cartman, I sold my tour cause I was upside down, I know that didnt help the fact financially, but the car went through 2 trannies!

Nick
2000 Malibu LS
Mods: K&N, Jet-PCM
Lowered with Eibach's and on 18's,Clear Sidemarkers,Tinted all around, badgeless
Retired Vehicles: 98 Contour
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard