Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
E
What is the "IAC" and where is it located?

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
The IAC (Idle Air Control) is located on the back side of the upper intake manifold. See where the throttle cable bracket attaches to the UIM? OK, just behind that is the EGR valve. (Thats the silver thing with the little vacuum hose plugged onto the top of it.) Just in back of that is the electrical connector plugged into the IAC. Just below and in between the EGR and IAC is the IAC bypass hose leading to the accordian hose. This can cause all kinds of idle problems if it leaks anywhere.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Man I just replaced mine and you have me confused the easiest way to tell you to find it if you can't name every piece of your engine like a body part is (this may apply to durtech only) look on the drivers side of the car (in the engine compartment) and look for a round thing that looks like a flying saucer. The IAC is right behind it. It's bolted to the big silver thing that looks like snakes curled up on top the engine . Mine was really caked with carbon and was sticking, I would recommend anyone who tears the acordian hose off to clean the ports also at least take a look at the IAC as it might be plugged up also!! Hope this helped or at least got a chuckle

95 Teal Se 5 spd,duratech, loaded(except moonroof) no mods.
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by ezalenski:
No, I don't get any weird sounds it just won't run. In fact it is almost silent like most of the cylinders aren't even firing.

Seems like there are two types of stalling problems reported in this thread --- with and without moosing. My stalling only happens on warm restarts not when the car is running --- at least not yet. The stalling and moosing happen and stop simultaneously.

I just got the anti-moosing duct from the dealer (~$90) and installed it. (The hardest part was getting the PCV hoses back in. The duct and the IAC port were both pretty clean, so I didn't have to do any cleaning.) It remains to be seen if this makes the moosing and/or stalling problem go away. Who knows, it might turn out that man-handling the air filter case "knocked some dust off" the airflow meter and that really fixed it.

Richard

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard