Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Cool Blue Mystique:
we drive small cheap Ford economy cars that they dont even MAKE anymore, how much more new stuff can we really find?

LOL This may get quoted to death. For a second there I thought you were talking about the Fiesta.

My car was not cheap (still paying for it), unfortunately it was made somewhat cheaply and has a REALLY bad resale value, but then so do many Fords. I came to this site because I needed a reason to keep my car, and I found it. 2000 or so people who loved their cars. I love mine..for now. The sledgehammer is in the trunk in case she decides to break again -J/K.

You can still get to know people throughout the forums..esp. the branch forums. There are TONS of personalities here that I got to know before stepping foot in the OT forum. I do think there was some value to the off-topic forum because people used it for advice and just to BS. But hey, I'll take CEG anyway I can get it. Lance, Perry, I'm glad it's back..not surprised that you would save the extra for next year (figured that would happen), good luck in the future. And Lance, I can't believe your calling your car a beater now! Sheesh!

'95 GL White I've got mods.
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Does that opener work in reverse?

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Think about this in a real world situation. If you and some friends got together to hang out. ALL you talked about was cars, and nothing else...you wouldnt have those friends very much longer, cause you'd be one boring S.O.B.!!!

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by infuryum:
Don't turn it into a personal attack because it wasn't. You're trying to start a flame war when you're so adamantly against their avenue of creation. Take a step back, stop being a victim, and be as forthcoming as you can with the members regarding the CEG they've come to know and appreciate. I can't tell you how many times I've asked people what happened in my absence. NO ONE will tell me and I, ergo, have no reason to change my behavior or any reason to believe the website should be any different from before. You, following the stereotype, accuse me of not having "the facts" without relating them, and then expect me to have the same information you do when speaking my opinion. Get real.

I never made any assumptions or presupposition regarding the speed of the site. I asked questions. You've answered them, to a degree. Case closed. I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of it. If it seems like I'm throwing all this back in your face, it's for good reason since your entire post was griping about things I'd said. If my questions or opinion really bother you that much, feel free to hit me up on PM or AIM to discuss them away from the light of the public.

I already put my 2 cents in south central...point is, I could care less about all of it....as we all moan and complain about off topic and make cracks in the regional forums...we are wasting more bandwidth, are we not. I have never been able to donate to this site, I would have loved to have done so. I am living the loser life right now with no job, no $$. The only reason I get to keep my car is because my ex is making the payment. The only reason I have a roof over my head is that my best friend offered one to me until I can get on my feet..so like I said, I really feel that I have very little say in everything, hell I have only had the contour since Feb. BUT, If it had not been for the site and the friends I had made through other friends that had bought contours, I would have never even thought of getting one. It was very disapointing to see that these friends felt like they had to walk on eggshells to post their thoughts of well ebing towards me. (Once again DFW, It all means so much to me)I would have walked away from that dealership with a 2 dr focus. I am very hapy with the fact that I took a contour. OK, now thats out of the way, it is a really really sad day when A close friend of yours sells their SVT stating, ya know, the real deciding factor was the fact that the CEG will never be the same. that was just odd. And all of you can say what you want, but you don't know him, I do, he really meant that. As I said, It makes no difference to me, I will have my contour for a long long time. i doubt I will be around the site as often, But I will still use it. As far as the, see, it is working, the bad apples are leaving, I really do not think I am a bad apple at all. Judge for yourselves. NONE OF IT MATTERS! LOL...all of this has turned into one huge flaming topic.
face the facts josh, they don't like you!
U may still be my inspiration though......

To the admin, everything looks great, I have neither the know how nor patience to do anything of this nature. IMO some people seem to be "picked on" and watched closely while others are allowed to do whatever they want. No big deal, just my observation, it is the way the world is, happens all around us. I haven't been picked on.....not yet.
Ok, I am done with pointless crap posting late at night
Someone please delete me.

Whooosh?
D
D
in case anyone wanted my 2 cents now that i own a neon i belong to neons.org as well i liek the off topic conversations because they were interesting we have a similar set up at our boards they are as follows
Announcements
Announcements from the admin
General
Main Board (Basically problems, questions about the cars, parts, etc.)
The Pits (Bench racing, offtopic)
Dealers (For dealers to advertise specials)
For Sale
Neons 2003 (The place for the national meet)
Racing/Tech
Auto Cross
Drag Racing
Tech (for lengthy in-depth discussions over theories, etc.)
Engine swap/Forced induction (Yes we do have a swap to a 2.4 stratus motor)
Miscellaneous
Archives
Car of the month
Tales from the road (Street racing) with a disclaimer
Show, Shine , and Audio
Polling Booth
Regional

once again the site is www.neons.org/forums i thinki t is well laid out and has something for everyone. Just a suggestion

1998 Neon Coupe DOHC 5-Speed AEM CAI Af/X Underdrive Pulley R/T .609 60' 2.466 330' 6.800 1/8 10.371 MPH 68.90 1000' 13.433 1/4 15.587 MPH 89.20
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by lkinley:
Well, the way you stated it really did sound like an insinuation...

You never did ask ME where the two grand went -- I never got a PM about that. Soo.. it sounded like your were vaguely accusing us of some impropriety. I know now that's not what you meant, but at the time that is what Christy thought, and that's what I thought you were getting at.

So it was a misunderstanding. Let's all be more clear in the future. If anyone has a question about the site, don't hesitate to PM me. Please get the facts from me before posting on something of this nature. I promise to respond.

It never came up in the PM's. Honestly, I don't think it's that big a deal anyway. I used it to illustrate a point that everyone was keeping tight-lipped about everything. I don't really think either of you would abuse member-donated funds. I just wish people were more forthcoming. Enron got busted over the same stuff. Not that I'm saying you're a global energy provider, but people give money and it'd be good to know what's going on... that's all. I think you'll do a fine job once it's all sorted out. I have faith.

Tell Christy it's all good. I feel honored to have a post dedicated to me from the Outback chica.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by 00mred00:
face the facts josh, they don't like you!
U may still be my inspiration though......

You are so my hero.

With everyone giving these "two cents," we should double the donation fund in NO TIME!

That was a joke...

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard