Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Ken04 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
So anybody have any ideas ? I wanna do something fun before it starts raining everyday. A cruise out in the country or the AutoX @PIR sounds OK too although the Vintage Races are in Seattle Sept 21&22. If any of you have never been to a historic/vintage race, you are REALLY missing out. Vintage Ferrari's, Jags, Bentleys, Cortinas, Shelby Cobras and Mustangs, it is pretty spectacular. My wife and I are addicted to vintage racing. Plus you can walk around the pits and talk to some pretty famous personalities who are warm and genuine instead of having 'star-itus'. And the cars, oh baby the cars, yikes. So, howzabout it NW CEG'ers ? Let's do something ! Anyone ? Ken 99 SE Silver Frost 2.0 Zetec ATX.

K
Ken04 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Shaun G:
I think a PIR track day would be the best and then maybe dinner or something after. Just think you could spend the whole day going 100+ mph and not have to worry about any tickets! Plus you might even learn something.

There is an event on the 25th of Oct.
Check this link for details

PIR driving school

Cool, lets try and do this, Ken

Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
I'll try and scrounge up enough money for the PIR track day again. It is a BLAST if you haven't done it. Also as Shaun said you might learn something (like how badly your brakes fade). Of course Shaun doesn't have to worry about that .

Well here is my plans for this weekend. On Friday the 20th I plan on going out to PIR for a bit to see what is going on with the Shelby Club. If anyone wants to meet up for lunch or something like that let me know.

On Saturday I'll probably be at the autox, but I won't be racing that day, just taking some photos. I have some other stuff to take care of later that afternoon. However on Sunday I will be racing. I race in the morning, so get your butts out of bed and show up...racing usually starts around 9. If you plan on running show up no later then 8!

Post what you guys feel like. Even if you just want to get together for lunch to plan something else for another day, that is fine by me.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by Ken04:
So anybody have any ideas ? I wanna do something fun before it starts raining everyday. A cruise out in the country or the AutoX @PIR sounds OK too although the Vintage Races are in Seattle Sept 21&22. If any of you have never been to a historic/vintage race, you are REALLY missing out. Vintage Ferrari's, Jags, Bentleys, Cortinas, Shelby Cobras and Mustangs, it is pretty spectacular. My wife and I are addicted to vintage racing. Plus you can walk around the pits and talk to some pretty famous personalities who are warm and genuine instead of having 'star-itus'. And the cars, oh baby the cars, yikes. So, howzabout it NW CEG'ers ? Let's do something ! Anyone ? Ken 99 SE Silver Frost 2.0 Zetec ATX.

I'd really like to go to a vintage race event, but I can't do that one. Maybe next spring (or if there is one sooner). Sounds like a blast to me.

The October track days sounds good, but if we want to do something before that (which I do) someone is going to have to lay the law down. This weekend is pretty good for me.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
K
Ken04 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K

I'd really like to go to a vintage race event, but I can't do that one. Maybe next spring (or if there is one sooner). Sounds like a blast to me.

The October track days sounds good, but if we want to do something before that (which I do) someone is going to have to lay the law down. This weekend is pretty good for me.

The Portland vintage races are in July so maybe next year we can have a Contour group there and get to parade our cars around the track like the other clubs do. I'm all up for that.

October track day sounds good too since we have nothing planned for that weekend except the typical Sat morning kids soccer games so we should be able to get out there. Although when I talked to my wife about bringing her car out she said "it's not ready, I can't show it til you get it all done". So I know what I need to do now, get her car finished ASAP . The spoiler needs another coat of silver frost, the other side marker light needs to be installed, the indiglo pedals need to be installed and wired, the list goes on and on. But OK, let's definitely do the October thing. And if something comes up in the meantime holler, and I'll see if we can't add something prior to October, Ken

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Woo hoo! I talked to Terry today and my transmission is built and packaged to send off tomorrow. I should have the car put back together in a week or so. When it works I'm going to be pushing the issue on the fall run thing!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
Schweet!

Who wants to start a pool on what he'll break next?

j/k!

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
hey shotwell...you still sending your tanny to Terry?

There seems to be somekinda soap opera going on right now.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I've already got my trans back from Terry. It's not in yet because of a broken connector that occured in shipping. He's sending me new one ASAP. I don't care what anyone says here...Terry kicks ass! He has always been very informative and professional with me. There are some people talking a bunch of crap about a transmission that aparently failed...a bulldog box as I understand. I have spoken to Terry about this and it sounds like a misunderstanding gone wrong. Sounds like the timetables Terry quoted and the time given to do the work didn't quite match. Terry has posted some interesting things in the last 24 hours, but he's probably very upset about the way a certain few people are talking about him on the boards. I'd be upset too! He'll cool down and hopefully be back on the boards sometime soon. In any event I will support Terry and HMS 100%. He will always have my business and I will continue to send him clients.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I've PM'ed him a few times trying to figure out was wrong with my car and he always got back to me. My take on this is one guy had some problems with his work and it kinda blew up from there. But who knows..?

Last edited by Shaun G; 10/08/02 02:35 AM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard