Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Yeah, sorry for going off in that last post. Some things cut a little deeper than others. I sent an email to Terry earlier and plan on calling him today to see if my part was sent. Hopefully my car will be up this week! How about a fall run from the Seattle area to the Spokane area via SR20? I've got to do something to break in the Quaife. Let's get this topic running again guys!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Just tell me when.

I haven't done the drive along SR20 in ages.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by shotwell:
Yeah, sorry for going off in that last post. Some things cut a little deeper than others. I sent an email to Terry earlier and plan on calling him today to see if my part was sent. Hopefully my car will be up this week! How about a fall run from the Seattle area to the Spokane area via SR20? I've got to do something to break in the Quaife. Let's get this topic running again guys!

Are you proposing this be an all-weekend thing? Better hurry before it snows along that route. Unless you guys want to do it in the snow, which is also beautiful.

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I couldn't do it in the snow. My tires wouldn't allow it. I guess I'd better start looking at the weather up there! I would guess that several other members also do not have snow tires anyway! As far as the run, I think it would be cool to run out to Grand Coulee Dam, have lunch and talk a bit or whatever, then go our seperate ways from there. I'm sure some of you guys would rather stay the night somewhere than drive right back the same day though, which would be fine. My idea is just for the one day. One of the cool things about driving out to Grand Coulee Dam is that everyone can go home a different way than they came. For example, Canadians can take US 97 north through Osoyoos and see some rural BC. Seattle area residents could go back via US 2 or I-90 and Oregon residents could cut back throuch Yakima and White Salmon or whatever. As far as where to meet, Mount Vernon on I-5 which is right between Bellingham and Everett. We could meet on a Saturday morning, have breakfast and head out. It will probably take several hours to get there, so we'd be ready for lunch by that time. We could even meet members from east of Grand Coulee there, say from Spokane or Idaho or whatever if you're willing to drive. I'm heading to Spokane to see my brother immediately following the run, so I could head back a ways with you easterners. If you haven't been to Grand Coulee Dam, I can tell you it's very interesting. The dam is absolutely HUGE! There is a really cool tour that can be taken also, however I am only proposing a run to the dam and lunch. After driving for that long, everyone's going to want to do something different anyway.

Damn this is a long post. Give me some feedback please! I really want something like this to happen before the winter!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I wish we could get this together for this weekend...I am only able to go for extended drives every other week.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
This coming weekend is out for me as my car won't be together yet. I'm still waiting for a part. I'll be able to do the 19th or the 26th. Would this be a possibility for everyone?

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
26th yes, 19th no.

However, the longer we wait, the more chance that weather along SR 20 will suck.

But with the way our weather has been the last couple of years...it could be beautiful that weekend.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
26th yes, and 19th no for me as well.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Alright, so let's call it the 26th of October. Anyone else interested?

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
darn... dagbabit! I can't go. I have a "NHB" event that some of my crazy friends are going to be in and have to go.

I'll be at cascades "driver" training on the 25th.

I hope to some of you there. I'm going to get my racing license...God help all of us

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard