Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Q
QWICSVT Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
I was wondering whose car rattles(hehehe, everyone's I know! =) and what is causing or used to be causeing those rattles. This could be very helpful to alot of tour' owners so please be as specific as possible.

98.5 SVT ~ diamond white metallic custom DuPount paint ~ shaved antenna, trunk key hole, and ding strips ~ roof mounted antenna ~ 20% tint ~ clear corners (front) ~ Audi A4 sidemarkers ~ 17" Mille Mille Evo 5 wheels with Yokahama Parada Spec-2 tires ~ Koni adj. struts ~ Eibach springs ~ SMA rear strut tower brace (front no longer fits ~ Powerstop cross-drilled rotors ~ Mintex A/F pads ~ ploy bushings including motor mount insert ~ 3L conversion ~ full custom intake ~ custom Cardoc exhaust ~ gutted precats ~ 24lb injectors ~ 3L upper and lower intakes ~ Rear dome light mod ~ glovebox light mod ~ lighted moon-roof switch mod ~ fog light mod ~ Autometer shift light ~ FCO indiglow guages ~ body color interior bits ~ some custom sound

Administrator www.fordcontour.org
I
I
well mine use to rattle but i did an easy but not pleasnt mod. i bought a dark blue folder and cut a piece of it off. folded it into a small piece and stuck it between the top of the cluster and the dash. i will have a pic of what i did in a little bit. dam photopoint is takeing for ever to upload my pic

S
S
Well, my glovebox latch rattles, but haven't had time to play with it. Other than that, just the rear sway bar (will be fixing the brackets) and whatever crap I have in the car.

You can pillage an enemy once, but a customer is an endless resource.

James Oerichbauer - PFPC Global Fund Services

Ross: 1998 E0 SVT Contour, Toreador Red, Konis, Superchip, KKM w/heat shield, SHO-shop y-pipe and rear strut brace, no res, ScotchCal, Moda Sport 16x7.5 wheels with 205/55ZR16 Dayton Dayton tires... more
D
D
Only rattles are my dashboard. About 3 different ones but 2 are rare and the common one I fixed. Otherwise very tight.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM
Q
QWICSVT Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
I am currently getting rattles from the rear of the passanger compartment (C-pillar area maybe?) ever since I had my rear windshield replaced. Any ideas?

98.5 SVT ~ diamond white metallic custom DuPount paint ~ shaved antenna, trunk key hole, and ding strips ~ roof mounted antenna ~ 20% tint ~ clear corners (front) ~ Audi A4 sidemarkers ~ 17" Mille Mille Evo 5 wheels with Yokahama Parada Spec-2 tires ~ Koni adj. struts ~ Eibach springs ~ SMA rear strut tower brace (front no longer fits ~ Powerstop cross-drilled rotors ~ Mintex A/F pads ~ ploy bushings including motor mount insert ~ 3L conversion ~ full custom intake ~ custom Cardoc exhaust ~ gutted precats ~ 24lb injectors ~ 3L upper and lower intakes ~ Rear dome light mod ~ glovebox light mod ~ lighted moon-roof switch mod ~ fog light mod ~ Autometer shift light ~ FCO indiglow guages ~ body color interior bits ~ some custom sound

Administrator www.fordcontour.org
B
B
  The only thing my car has in this category is a sort of a buzzing rattle in the center console, at certain idle speeds.

{I do hate spam, but that isn't really part of my email address.  Remove the string ?HatesSpam? from the email address ?BobHatesSpam@blaylock.to? to email me.  No advertisements.  Spammers will be dealt with very harshly!}
-------
Moonlight Blue 1996 Mercury Mystique GS , Zetec engine, ATX.  No mods. (Well, OK, one mod.  Before I got rid of my previous car, a 1994 Tempo, I swapped radios.  I liked the Tempo's radio better.  That counts as a mod, doesn't it?  I also kept one of my Tempo's wheels to use as a spare.  I hate those stupid ?compact? spares that come with modern cars.  Does this count as a mod?  If so, I guess I have two mods.  Replaced burned/melted blower switch and connector on 19 February 2002 with a 1P3T toggle switch from Marvac and a Molex connector from Rat Shack; I guess this now makes three mods.)
R
R
One still under dash while driving and up in front, low, whenever I slam a door. Have handled a couple around the rear wheels.

'98 SE V-6 5-spd ASB Silver stock
48K miles in May '02
Like it for Oregon coast canyons!
S
S
I've got maybe three or four. The drivers side vent. On top of the steering column. Passanger side vent/dash area. :rolleyes:

P
P
The rear dash area rattles on mine, but I think my stereo causes that. The dash board rattles as well. I took it apart and used silicon to hold things together better.

-Colter
My Car
D
D
one rattle on the freeways near seattle, it is my dash, by the center console, but since it only rattles on the freeway it makes it difficult to locate and remove

The Car
1985 Mustang GT

The Motor
Stock 5.0 W/ Edelbrock 625 4BBL
2.25" True Dual w/ Flowmasters

The old car
1998 Contour GL V6 ATX with a few mods
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard