I basically got upset because I got the BONE from Ford- even though I knew a lot of people on the "inside"

lets just say that I think there are fundamental problems with the duratec but nothing that cant be solved by a bit of money-

heck look at Kinetics- if its such a crappy engine why do theirs rarely fail? The CRANK IS NOT THE PROBLEM as I understand it, Roush guys say its the oiling system and the rods, Kinetics only does one thing to the crank before its used in their engines- Nitride them- for an increased surface hardening. They will knife them if you want- but then the car becomes undrivable on the street- it needs a bit of mass to drive smoothly. The FoMoCo guys all say to get billit rods, the sintered ones fail easier than the billit ones, BMW is now having problems with theirs as well.

man if I had the money and I wanted a V6 Id definatly go with a duratec- one with Ti rods and valves, a REALLY built 3.0 or more engine with a red line north of 8K - or a TT setup like the noble- but not the MTX-75 POS. the Quaife sequential. but then again - I could just get another car-

BTW walking really SUX! I need a car

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise