Just to make this part of my message short and sweet, I would have to agree to the fact that I think Terry's advice is truely needed and welcome across both boards.

I actually drove with more confidence last night after reading his e-mail and other messages on FCO on the topic of the oiling issue, or lack there of despite all the other garbage that got started.

On to topic at hand...

So correct me if I am wrong, but here is where we stand...

1)The new style Duratec oil pan is a waste. Terry has actually stated that it is more of a downgrade because of the timing chain baffle.
2)Spun rod bearings have not been proven to be caused by a overall design flaw in the oil distribution throughout the Duratec.
3) Crank whip seems to be the major contributing factor in the spun rod bearing issue.

A question I would like to ask about number 3. Could this be why some of the racing teams use the better material for there connecting rods? Couldn't the material, which is of better quality and strength, absorbe some of these harmonic vibrations that we are talking about with the use of the DMD. This is not to say that if you use better connecting rods, you don't have to use the DMD or vice versa, just trying to understand things for myself.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime