anyone who needs his advice can go to fco and ask...actually i like the idea that he has his own forum, prolly shoulda been the same here...they are doing right by him on that site

that being said, in my opinion he treated at least some people as bad as a typical ford service person many times...maybe he didn't mean to come off wrong, but on the internet its difficult to judge a persons feelings or attitude since u aren't face to face or hearing their voice...the maternal side of a highschool friends family was british and while they were at times very gruff (his g'ma in particular) they were very very wonderful people face to face...maybe that is also the case with terry as many have mentioned how nice and personable he is..also, i seem to remember him having been quite a hit according to those who went to sz

im sure his expertise is valuable but many act like their car wouldn't even run if terry didn't give advice...he's been gone from here for months and new problems crop up everyday...and are taken care of suggestion-wise by some of the same people he tried to make fun of in that post on fco...i think the sucess rate here is still pretty good...someone in a post just the other day mentioned how this site is much more helpful than other (not necessarily contour) sites are in his opinion

but he played a very big part in his leaving this site and to say that ceg is solely to blame and ceg (whether its meant as us members or the hierarchy or both) hopefully someday will appologize is pretty one-sided...it cuts both ways...

others say it and i'll take their word for it that terry's a righteous dude...basically a few very bad nites online hurt him here

i have opinions about both sites good and bad and i wish it were a more friendly rivalry....ceg is very good and keeps me from visiting other sites on the web because i spend sooooo much time here...in many instances fco is better because it offers some really good insight on getting things done and the posts i found complete with instructions and pics that doc has put up are priceless...his info on the 3.0 install was better than almost anything i found here

y-o-y cant we all get along

now a question:...why does it seem that the later model duratecs seem to be the ones suffering the engine problems moreso than the older models? maybe im not thinking correctly right now, but for all the quirks the older contiques seem to age better...was there anything that was changed about the engine over the yrs???

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid