Well, I'm finallly going to give an update and some new pictures. I have the pipe fabrication complete now except for a mounting tab on the down-pipe. I am going to have it bolt onto the rear motor mount so the piping is solidly connected to the engine.

The pictures I have show how the main header piping is routed, the turbo, the down-pipe and the wastegate. I put all the pieces together to show how they assemble.
The next step will be bolting them in. I am not thrilled about that because some of the nuts are in such tight positions that I will be wrenching for an hour on just one of them I'm sure.
After installing this piping all that remains is the intake side and of course all the little extras like hoses and stuff. Don't talk too much smack about the welding since I did it all myself and I'm getting better. Some of the welds are nice and some are ugly but all the joints are good on the inside of the pipes so no sweat. They're all covered with header wrap now anyway (not shown in the pictures) so anyone looking at the piping wont see them anyway.
If you are familiar with the underside of the car you can tell from the pics that I ran my exhaust under the drivers side of the trans and I shaped it to follow the contours of the subframe and trans. As soon as it clears the trans there is a 3-bolt flange that connects it to a flex-pipe, which in turn goes into the main cat and another 3-bolt flange, and then on to the rest of the exhaust. This was done for easy serviceability. It's taken me a month, but I have only been able to work on it 4-6 hours a week on saturdays becuase of my job and the hours that the shop is open. Hopefully I'll drive it home next weekend where I can finish the intake at my leisure.
Well, what do you think?

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black