Originally posted by DemonSVT:

4. Definitely agree there. While it doesn't get any better for wastegate control and stopping boost creep it is uncorking the exhaust when you do hit your boost limit. If you keep it that way I would look into running a small engine style muffler on it to help quiet it down. (Yes I had thoughts about that on my friend TT setup )

Oh yeah, the vent to atmosphere. I really wanted to plumb it back in at first, but I figured that I didn't want it going back in right next to the turbo for turbulence and power reasons. I also didn't want to make a separate exhaust system for it like the Corky Bell book recommends, so I decided I'd vent it to atmosphere for now and see how loud it is. I'll look for cops before I get on it. Besides, it might sound cool and it'll scare the hell out of the competition!
Hell if I ever get on this thing at all, noise or no noise I will have to watch for cops. In first and second its gonna lite up the tires for sure...anything in third or above and I'll be speeding anyway so I can't really win.

I think what I'll do if its too loud is plump it back into the down-pipe with a collector of some sort. Not a hard job though for future work.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black