Jason,
The filter is a little low. The pictures don't give a good 3D sense but the MAF is huge! In order to make it fit I would need an extremely tight radius 3" mandrel bend, or cut notches in it and re-weld to make one tighter like I did on that pipe going into the upper intake.
Besides even if I did that it would only change its orientation and the end of the filter would be a bit higher. Right now the end sits just above the horn and the left fog light...it actually touches both of these with the bumber on. The bottom plastic shield/airdam should keep water out of the filter even if I have to run through heavy water on the streets. In a flood I'll drive something else. Last, if the filter got wet it will cause a restriction, only if it was submerged or continually splashed would it start sucking large amounts of water. There is a product made for this by AEM that has a sort of 'suction release valve' that opens when too great a vacuum is felt on the filter. I will check it after driving in rain one of these days and see how it fares.

Tom

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black