OK AutumnOrange, Now Iâ??ve gone out on a limb and made much noise about your right to offer a product here based on its merits without being harassed.

Seeing as Iâ??ve purposefully directed the heat my way to give you a break I have a couple of things I would like to say and I think you should listen.

This is a Group Buy forum. We use this forum among ourselves to coordinate larger purchases for discount. We may work with a vendor, but the main focus is on price.

When vendors offer their products here directly, as you are doing, it should be for another reason. You want the positive exposure and the future sales it can generate. We are a large and vocal enthusiast group. If we use your product and like it we will say so. We will say so and we will encourage other enthusiasts to also use your product. You get direct word of mouth advertisement to the very people most likely to purchase your product in the first place.

To see how this works at its best, study the Bosal Cat-back group-buy that went on here a few months ago.

From that point of view, the problem with your post is that you have offered us absolutely no discount at all. Anyone can sign on your website and order a set of these headers for $649 + $20 shipping. You are using our group-buy forum as a kind of inexpensive classified advertisement.

If you are sure you have a quality product and want the positive exposure we can bring it, you should offer us a serious discount. Maybe Limit this discount to the first so many purchases (like Bosal did) but offer it.

As so many here have pointed out we have a vendor (MSDS) we already know and trust. You should definitely offer us some inducements to start building that kind of relationship with you.

Offer a serious discount to the first so many CEG buyers willing to try your headers and see what happens ($500 a set shipped to the first 10 buyers?).

If I buy a set and are happy with them I will definitely not be shy about letting others know.

Last edited by JEDsContour; 03/06/03 12:56 PM.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles