Originally posted by ghodge:
Suneil,

Maybe I didn't try long enough or hard enough (it was low 50s outside when I was trying) but the accordian tube couldn't compress enough for me to get everything in. It barely compresses enough to get the stock, shorter MAF/airbox assembly in. The problem is that it's tough to get the end of the airbox to go into opening of the plastic silencer in the fender.

I was going to hack my stock airbox up like SVTCuervo did so I called a ford dealership to see how much a replacement would be if I ever wanted to go back to complete stock. Ford wants $267 dollars for the airbox assembly. They don't see the airbox cover separately.

If I can't get everything to go together, I may just pull the silencer out of the fender. That should give me enough clearance.

Anybody else have their Pro-M installed on a completely stock SVT intake setup? Any tips before I pull out the silencer?

My mistake was to rush to get in on the group purchase without doing enough research. Mine is "calibrated" for use with stock airbox when I should have gotten the open element "calibrated" non-flanged meter. It would have made life alot easier.

crap. I fear I'll be in your situation soon enough, and as you, I jumped into this with full gusto thinking it should work with the stock air box, I think they should then either refund or recalibrate accordingly for us since I was TOLD that this works for the stock SVT setup no problem. . .oh well, I'll compress like the best when I get mine, hopefully the accordian tube will be flexible. . .it's tight enough in there as is, when I clean my air filter, I rip up the stock silencer feed all the time. UGH.