Brian,

I took the wimpy way out. What I did was to take a hacksaw and cut off most of the end of the airbox that fits into the air silencer mounted in the fender. After doing that I was able to get everything in without too much fuss. The accordion tube provides enough compression to keep the airbox pressed up against the air silencer. I did not include a picture because it looks just like stock when I got done. If you look at the tapered end of the airbox, a fine line should be visible. I hacked off the end section about an 1/8" from that fine line.

I haven't verified that when putting the stock MAF back on that the accordian tube will keep the airbox pressed in the fender mounted air silencer.

To date, no CELs. On my 2000 I ended up having to pull fuses 6 and 11 after looking at my owners manual. Also, I had no fuse 4. I haven't been able to run it hard enough to notice a difference. Darn heavy traffic.

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links