Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
nyceboi - if you want to send me the whole contraption, manual and all, that would be cool. Then I could definitely work out what needs to be ammended to the How-To, so I can create a new one for the second version. I have Japanese coworkers here at my job, so if I get stuck, perhaps they will be able to translate some of the manual for me.

I'll PM you my address

I already check the www.apexi-usa.com site and they don't have a downloadable .pdf for the S-AFC 2, yet.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Goto www.mafterburner.com instead of SHM. Click on products and scroll down. Paypal link on the left. BTW are you return or returnless? Return can use the MAFterbuner. If returnless, the afterburner electronic Fuel Pressure Controller is for you.

Sold 1998 Contour LX 13.868 sec 1/4 mile time. Two years of rental cars, seriously. Holding out for 07 Cobra Mustang.
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
Stazi,

Got your PM. I'll ship it tomorrow. I PMed you my return address.

I would like it if you could have everything shipped back to me by April 11th (I plan on redyno tuning soon since I forgot my SAFC-1 settings when I took it out). D'oh!

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
No problem! Next time write the down, in any case the S-AFC 2 allows you 2 programs to save on it, IIRC.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
MAFturburner costs just as much as the Apexi SAFC-II $300.

depends on which is easier to tune.

Eric

U
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
U
what the hell is safc?

99 ATX Contour 130k w/ a 21k tranny freshly installed Secret Project in the works
Originally posted by unknown:
Never argue with an idiot, ppl may not be able to tell the difference between you.

O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
Originally posted by MP3Tour:
what the hell is safc?

LOL, classic! www.apexi.com - do a search there a lot of info in the archives too. Modifies air-flow meter signal (pressure signal in some vehicles) to optimize fuel-air ratio. Stazi figured out how to install it on our cars some time ago.

I now have the (limited edition) SAFC-2 from Japan, I used to have the SAFC-1. Apexi-USA does not have the SAFC-2 out yet and no indication when it will be released here (the price on the SAFC-1 has yet to drop so I'm not sure).

I just found my old dyno plots - I think I can tune it according to that since we wrote notes on the various settings we used. I forgot that I could put two programs on the SAFC-2! Nice! Gotta love the password feature too, no more fear of people messing with it.

I just ordered the Pro-M (My 73mm C&L never liked my car FOR-SALE!) and will install headers/y soon. Hoping to get 185fwhp or more from my 2.5L after dynotuning.

O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:
MAFturburner costs just as much as the Apexi SAFC-II $300.
depends on which is easier to tune.

Eric

The SAFC looks better :-p

Either way, the SAFC does not require a host computer (laptop/desktop) to operate. Changes can be done on the fly with the SAFC without the use of a computer. 12 points/200rpm

I ordered my LE SAFC-2 (only a thousand of those made) from Taka Kaira Japan - direct link to SAFC-2 for $300 (it's $400 now)

There's a guy selling them on eBay too. The difference between the SAFC-2 limited and regular is the housing and display color. Mine is white/black display vs the regular SAFC which has a blue display.

H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by nyceboi:
The SAFC looks better :-p

I think a mounted laptop with its beautiful blue glow is better looking.

Sold 1998 Contour LX 13.868 sec 1/4 mile time. Two years of rental cars, seriously. Holding out for 07 Cobra Mustang.
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
$$$ - but I have been playing with the idea of mounting my Laptop in my SVT. Kinda illegal - but I would remove the passenger side airbag to do it

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard