Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#599537 06/17/03 05:50 AM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Matt.. if you are interested in combining SpringZing with Cougarfest 2003 lemme know, we can probably figure something out.. I am organizing the event this year. To be honest.. both car's no longer exist.. Ford supports very little.. no reason the car's (both being of the same platform) can't have a joint effort..

sboyajian@1337designs.com

2000 Dark Tourmaline Green Cougar - V6/MTX SVT UIM/LIM, SVT TB, 80MM Filter, Custom Burned MAF, 19lb Injectors, MSDS Headers & YPipe, YoDude DynoMax Exhaust, B&M Shifter, Enkei RS5 18x7.5, Roush Springs, Z3 fenders, custom interior, lots more
#599538 06/18/03 09:23 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
dont think it'd work this late in the game bud, cougar fest is in like 4 weeks, not enough notice for most people to take a 4-5 day vacation time out and get money lined up etc etc... additionally SpringZing has always been a SVT/SHO society event and i dont know that the previous founder(s) would want me to change the format... we could look into it for next year though... it's ultimately up to worldtour, i believe hes going to take back over the event next year, if not i'll consider it, thanks for the offer!!

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
#599539 06/18/03 10:00 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I have two questions:

1. Where is Cougarfest being held?

and

2. When is it?

Honestly, if the two were to be combined for next year, the dates shouldn't be close to the National. I do believe, however, that SZ should be pushed back by about two weeks to accomodate those that are in school. It seems that there are/were quite a few people that wanted to go but couldn't due to school.

Also, why not add in the Cougar guys/gals? I personally think it would be awesome. Last year there were more Contiques than SHO's by far and only one Lexus and an FSVT.

It's my belief that if we get the Coug's in on it, we might just add some spotlight to us. Maybe if we make it big enough, mags or aftermarket companies will realize that there is a strong contingent of Contique owners and that the two cars are not all that different really. With the increase in publicity we might be able to get an aftermarket niche bigger than what we have now.

Just my $.02

Mike

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
#599540 06/19/03 12:46 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Good point!

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
#599541 06/30/03 03:24 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by SVTweeter:
Each region should have its own SZ, rather then trying to get everyone to go to one spot in the middle of the country, it really leaves the east coast and west coast people out.

i agree. i wouldn't mind getting a east coast meet together. i know a place where we could meet here in richmond and have the meet. if people are interested...pm me? or talk to me on aim: proliphik928

Official CEG troll. '04 Mazda 3
#599542 06/30/03 04:05 AM
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
No, it's a dumb idea. It only serves to seperate us all into smaller groups. The whole reason i want to travel to MI again for another SZ is to meet all the people I met there the first time. Anything else wouldn't be SZ. That and the fact that no meet outside of MI will ever carry the name SZ, without any consequences...or explicit permission from WorldTour.

Originally posted by proliphik:
Originally posted by SVTweeter:
Each region should have its own SZ, rather then trying to get everyone to go to one spot in the middle of the country, it really leaves the east coast and west coast people out.

i agree. i wouldn't mind getting a east coast meet together. i know a place where we could meet here in richmond and have the meet. if people are interested...pm me? or talk to me on aim: proliphik928

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
#599543 06/30/03 06:45 AM
M
M
Hey Matt, sorry to hear about the (at least temporary) death of Spring Zing. Back when I hosted the first one with less than a dozen cars and no real events, none of us would have believed what it would become one day. I sincerely hope that the event gets resurrected next year.

Quote:

... additionally SpringZing has always been a SVT/SHO society event and i dont know that the previous founder(s) would want me to change the format...

Just a point of historical correctness...the very first Spring Zing (in '99) was actually conceived as a joint meet for the Chicago and Kansas City regions of the CEG. Springfield, IL just happened to be a reasonable meeting point, and I got asked to host, so I did. Ironically, I think we only had one person from Chicago show up... We did, however, open it up to all CEG members, and had some hardcore types from the SE made the trip to visit us. In '00, I made a push to make the event bigger and include SHO owners, but it wasn't until '01, when the event moved to Michigan, that it actually became an SVT/SHO Society event.

Please understand, this isn't a criticism of your post, I just thought someone here might be geeky enough to enjoy knowing the event's history.

Mike

Long ago and far away, I was an SVT owner...
#599544 06/30/03 06:47 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
thanks for the correction mike, and thanks for starting the whole deal, last years was soooo fun

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
#599545 06/30/03 09:05 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
[well while u're shooting down someone's ideas think bout the fact that there IS no spring zing...to me that sounds a lot worse than having smaller regional meets...

i know personally there's no way i'd put my old ass tour on the road to middle america even when it was running well, but a local (or more local anyway) meet could be perfect...

here in socal we dont have the sheer numbers of ceg-ers but i think if we all committed to a time place, etc with plenty of consideration for others schedules we could have a pretty good gathering

Last edited by gdub520; 06/30/03 09:08 PM.

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
#599546 06/30/03 09:41 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S

Last edited by Speed Demon; 07/07/03 11:16 PM.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard