If the combustion process is efficient then most of the pollutants are consumed there in the chamber.

Have you ever full throttled your car to pass someone? Or to take off fast? Ever smell the rotten-egg smell from yours or someone elses exhaust?
Happens all the time and is caused by UNBURNT FUEL in the exhaust hitting the catalytic converters where it is still unburnt after coming out. Its hypocritical to think that because you retain a stock emissions system that you don't pollute. Stop driving your car, that will solve the problem.

I appreciate the comment about minimizing pollution, but you are going way overboard. If you can pass the state emissions test then you should have a clean conscience.

You know what they say, "Changes start with me first." Sell of your car and buy a bicycle, then you can talk about how great of an environmentalist you are.

warmonger

Take that advice to heart and buy a bicycle.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black