"Happens all the time and is caused by UNBURNT FUEL in the exhaust hitting the catalytic converters where it is still unburnt after coming out. Its hypocritical to think that because you retain a stock emissions system that you don't pollute. Stop driving your car, that will solve the problem"

You know that the catalytic converter works to oxidize the unburnt fuel and essentially burn it right?? Therefore there will be less unburt fuel coming out. It does this when the engine management system runs slightly lean and then slightly rich, modern cars do this constantly. Thus oxidizing what needs to be oxidized and ripping oxygen from what needs to be deoxidized. There are 3 basic reactions going on fluctuating with the amount fuel delivered to the cylindering in the first place.

For the second part of your question, I do pollute, but I try to limit it, I recycle and I keep my cats in place to do what they were designed to do. If that makes me an Al Gore freak then I guess I am, but I donā??t see the connection. Currently I am working on fuel cell research which would be doing my part for the greater good tomorrow. Not because I am some green tree hugger but because fuel cells are going to be the way of the future like it or not Mustang guys. I just dont see how me wanting my stock cars in place make me some extreme nut.

Canada = little France