Gentlemen, please, we've gotten a little off topic.

The reason I am thinking about gutting my precats is based solely on financial reasons. I got taken for $1400 cdn to replace the rear precat last summer, and I think it is clogged again. As I am presently out of work, I thought if I could do this instead, I could save myself a whole bunch of money.

My car is running terribly, spitting and stuttering at all rpm's, and once warmed up, does not generate much power. I will not perform this 'mod' till I do the UIM/LIM cleaning, which I will be starting this morning, being fairly certain that this is the root cause (taking lots of pics, btw).

As an aside, I'm am glad to see that the 'environmental' aspects of this type of work is on all of our minds. Yes, we should all be careful that we keep our air clean. I agree with the comments that so long as the main cat is in place, and operating, that this is being done.

As for zr500lc's comments, I don't appreciate them in my topic thread, and the language we can all do without. This is a very valuable forum to all of us, and while I appreciate all of the help I have received, I won't tolerate your flames toward the membership.

98 contour 2.5 GL no mods, just trying to keep it running till it's paid off. Then the fun will begin.