Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Well everyone can rest a little easier now... I finally received the emblem yesterday... After looking at it I'm not completely sure what the delay was... An SVT emblem exactly like the one off the trunk, and a chrome oval... Unless he cut these things out by hand with plastic and hand dipped them in chrome himself... Well Im glad to get it so I'm not complaining... Just thought I'd let everyone know

Mark

Things are getting a little bit in tune - I checked my tracking and everybody except one lucky guy in NC has recieved theirs.

MARK! What you talkin about!? It's not plastic, the oval plates are .25" aluminum!!!!! Cut perfectly and polished to look chrome! That's nearly 3-4 hours of labor for one freggin emblem (if everything went well)! .

from a rectangle raw ugly looking piece of aluminum, these were cut out using a recip-saw. Edges sanded down on a belt sander to get the perfect oval shape (I nearly lost a finger in that thing last GB), face sanded and wetsanded OVER AND OVER AND OVER! and then off to the polishing wheel... try taking a thick metal nail and make it shiny as that Yeah it took a long time - figure 3.5 hrs x 20 emblems - 50 hours (damn - I have no life). There is only about 1mm or less of play on any side so each should tuck in nicely. I'm sure there's a faster way but I've never worked with metal till I started this project, intially I only did it for myself but there was interest for it so I made them and the rest is history.

Next time I'll have them done ahead of time and just bite my lip and hope ppl buy. I have like 4 SVT ones if anybody is interested.

Thanks for the comments and bearing with me. The SVT emblem is Ford's... after much consideration I didn't think it would be wise for me to make an SVT emblem back when I did this the first time (this is my 4th GB on these with something like 60 of them sold).

It looks good! Keep em clean!

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...