Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
That's true. Take the part numbers off of the Centerforce pressure plate you'll find the only thing that the only "aftermarket addition" they added was a coat of paint and a sticker.
But some models of the DF clutch *MAY* have counter weights added to the stock pressure plate.

I will say this, they apear to be a good OEM replacement. But then again the LUK clutch has proven itself as a worthy clutch......so I would get one of those for half the price of a CF DF clutch.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
B
bamf2go Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by bamf2go:
Hmm, how about this noise, is no one else concerned with the fact that the centerforce makes no noise while the spec clutches are known for having an audible chatter?

To quote myself answering this question already asked (actually trying to be used as a slam against a near race clutch )

Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:
I heard that annoying chatter goes away after the break in period anyways.. I hope anyways.

It's the Sintered Metal Stage 3 clutch that has the chattering.
It's been known to do it during the break in period of this clutch and only if you are gently slipping the clutch. That's not a big surprise considering this is pretty much a strip/racing clutch.
It has an obscene rating for a FWD of 440 lb/ft of TQ. You could probably count the number of Contiques on zero hands that have close to that much TQ.

Demon you're not exactly right on this one, that's why I asked the question again . Ask Y2KSVT...Stage I, chatter hasn't gone away...so how about that? Stage II's are known for chattering as well, in fact, I haven't heard of a spec clutch that hasn't chattered on the tour. The only one's I HAVE heard that have far less noise after the break in period is the Stage III...

1998 black Contour SVT E0 -KKM Intake -B&M Short Shifter -SPARCO front strut tower bar -24mm Aussie rear sway bar
B
bamf2go Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Maybe it would be interesting to find out which spec clutch chatters the least...the stage II's supposedly have chatter-free something or another (kevlar I think)...How about the Grizzly 6 puck clutch, not the oem replacement, the high performance one...anyone had experience with that?

1998 black Contour SVT E0 -KKM Intake -B&M Short Shifter -SPARCO front strut tower bar -24mm Aussie rear sway bar
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Did NO ONE READ the part I put in the long-aszed, dragged-out post about the fact that my stock clutch by itself was holding on my turbo car? It had at least as much torque before so figure 265 Ft-lbs! It held for at least six runs at the track in the space of an hour and a half and felt perfectly fine driving home!

If you aren't a turbo car you really don't need a new clutch. Not when the oem clutch feels as good as it doesn and can take many stock SVT 'tours to 100K. The only time I burned my SVT clutch was with nitrous.

The other thing, who gives a [censored] if you have a little rattling noise at idle when you have a race clutch?
In my car there is no noise at all as long as my foot is on the clutch, or the car is moving in gear. It only rattle when you take your foot off the clutch in neutral and idle there. The grip is phenomenal from this clutch and it still has such an easy clutch pedal.

So I say, go stock, or stage I or II. The other clutches have a checkered past.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
bamf2go Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I think the reason for going aftermarket as opposed to oem svt clutch is because of the bite issue, I have no experience with another clutch outside of oem ones...but everyone says the aftermarket clutches like spec and centerforce don't slip anywhere near as much as the stock clutch. Whether or not a person minds about a chattering noise is up to them, no one person can decide if it matters to everyone or not, it's one of those preference/priority things. I have no doubt that the svt oem clutch can handle ass-loads of power, but if it slips, doesn't bite as well, or doesn't take to quick shifting like an aftermarket unit but costs about the same or $100 less, than why not go aftermarket?

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
If you have to replace the stock oem due to failure why not get a high performance one while having to either do or pay for the labor.

I think I need a stage 10 though...my centerforce is up for sale.

B
bamf2go Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
What is this stage 10 nonsense? Are you saying you don't like the CF DF then by stating you are putting it up for sale?

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
no I was just joking about CF DF.

B
bamf2go Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Ah good, because I'm still thinking about getting one. I have another question for all of the spec users, how does the feel of a spec clutch compare the feel of the stock clutch? The CF DF is supposed to feel the same as the stock clutch but without slipping . Is "Bite" a term that describes the clutch feel?

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
the centerforce feels same as stock if not lighter engagement..go figure..

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard