Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by J Hillyerd:
If I buy a new IAC valve, is there any other parts I need
to replace at the same time? I've noticed the idle is a little unstable lately, so I think it's probably starting to fail.

-james

nope just the valve, if I remember right is it 2 bolts to take off, very simple. I tried the TH fix, it does work, but after awhile my engine started to make this whistling during acceleration.... I tried many different filter types (stock, K&N stock replacement, K&N open air w/ adapter, Injen Open air) I was dropping alot of money for this stupid whistle. Turns out my IAC was totally shot and bypassing air or something, I dont know exactly how it works so I couldnt tell you why it was, but my buddy who works at Signature Lincoln here in Vegas told me and I trust him. We swapped out the IAC (I paid 100 bucks because I was having lots of stuff done under my Ford Extended Warranty)and both the whistle and moosing was gone, I was happier and seemed to have a better response w/o the restrictor (TH fix).

My suggestion would just be to get a new IAC because eventually the IAC will fail totally and just cause more problems.

Last edited by thejms; 07/10/03 03:02 AM.

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
This is interesting. That's an aftermarket intake pipe, correct? I always read that they were supposed to solve the moose/slash TH problem as, at least for the moose, the bellows tube was the culprit although I've read where people on this site solved the problem by replacing the air filter. Maybe some other powers were at play there. At any rate, I was just starting to hear the moose last winter and I just did the TH fix (the few cents fix) with 15/64th hole in the cap a couple weeks ago and have been delighted with the outcome. Time will tell if it solves the moose as it's in the upper 90's - 100's air temp wise here and that's a little warm for moose in these parts.

Karl

*** It's all about consistency! *** *** Previously 88SVT *** 06 F150 Supercrew 5.4L FX4 98 SVT Contour #4362 Born 1/6/1998 86 Ranger GT (For Sale) 69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (For Sale) 67 Formula-S Barracuda
J
OP Offline
J
I just wanted to post a note to say that I replaced the IAC valve a week or two ago, and the moose is gone. Thanks for the advice guys.

Also, to anyone else who is going to replace the valve themselves, be careful with the little green hose that controls the EGR valve, it is not very flexible! I will be replacing that shortly...

-james

99 SVT Contour
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard