Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
I just had a brainstorm. I always try to think of ways that I can offer my customers great deals while still making enough profit to be successful and keep my business moving forward.

How about a group raffle??? I feel that the CEG community is one of the best organized groups of people on the www that I have been involved with, and I know you all like to save money, so here's the deal...

We can do a raffle on any product(s) I sell. We will base the raffle on the MSRP of that item, and tickets will be sold at 5% each of the MSRP for items that total $500 and under, and 2.5% for items over $501. For example, if the raffle was for and item that retailed for $200.00, the raffle tickets would cost $10ea, therefore, we would need 20 people to buy a ticket. If the item retailed $1,000, the ticket's would be $25ea, therefore we would need 40 people to buy tickets.

AND THE BEST PART IS... I WILL DONATE 25% OF THE PROFITS TO THE CEG BOARDS!!! Hopefully then we'll never have to worry again about the money needed to keep the boards up and running!

If this sounds like a good idea, let's give it a try and see if it's beneficial for us all. Gimme some feedback here.

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
sounds like a very generous idea.. what items do you currently offer?

99 T-RED 3L SVT Apillar Guages How-To 3L 98 CSVT SF/MB 4 SALE 7500 obo pm me
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
im currently trying to add stuff to my site, but i carry many things. click my link in my sig

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Sounds like great idea.

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I understand it limits your profits, but to make the raffles seem fair I think you should limit the number of people in them and make it a first come first serve basis.. If more people are interested in a product, do a second run

Derek Johnson 88 TurboTBird 32psi, t3/t4 bb 50trim, megasquirt, 3 bar map, 50lb inj, roller cam w adj. gear, header, 3" downpipe and full exhaust, gutted intake manifolds, spec stg 3 95SE 3L gone
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I think this is all a great idea .
I also agree with 3LPOWER
Quote:

I understand it limits your profits, but to make the raffles seem fair I think you should limit the number of people in them and make it a first come first serve basis.. If more people are interested in a product, do a second run

2000 Silver Frost SVT #77 of 2150 Lots O' Mods To Many To List. My Car My Home Page
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Good Idea, however are there not several legalities you must address in a raffle? And it would also come down to comming up with a way to make it completely fare. I know NECO does them all the time, maybe they could help you out.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I would be down for a raffle. hey got any turbo's! lol

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
I understand what you mean about the fairness thing. I was actually thinking of ways to publicize the actual drawing so that each person can see it was done fairly with no bias. The only thing I could think of is to film each name going into a drum (hat) and pulling out the winner. i could upload it in an .avi or .mpg to my site so that each participant can see the drawing was done fairly. Any ideas? That's the best way I could think of.

Also as far as limiting the tickets, they are. If you read what I posted above, you'll see how the tickets are priced by a percentage of the retail value of the item being raffled. Lets say its a $100 item. Tickets are 5% of that, or $5.00. This means only 20 tickets can be sold for that raffle... = $100.00. My question is, should a person only be allowed to buy one ticket or should they be allowed to buy as many as they want to improve their chances.

This is my first time venturing into something like this. I'm very well organized and will do whatever I can to assure you that I am a very honest person and take my business seriously. RGSOUNDF is one of my most loyal customers, and some of you probably read his post after his last visit here. It's feedback like his that gives me the incentive to imagine innovative ways to help people get what they want for a great price, yet still have some sort of profit margin to keep my business moving forward. Being that I started this business by borrowing $35 from my friend, I think I'm doing pretty good. (yes i paid him back lol).

Anyway, please share your ideas, I'm always interested in hearing intelligent suggestions. In the meantime, I will try to add more product to my site.

Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Sounds like an awesome deal to me. I'd be down for a raffle.

Adam Electric Red 95 Ford Contour GL ATX Zetec Born on 11/01/94 (The Official SCCEG Beater.) Coming soon... Micah's Pre98 SVT Front Bumper and SVT body kit. **1BADTOUR**
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard