Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I too totaled my contour, and have yet find a suitable replacement, when I drove her up on the flatbed, it just wasn't right, i felt so right in that car. my new ride until i find a new one is a 91 tempo gl, wow this car gave me a new found love for the contour that I once had. The tempo is just plain uncomfortable, but I drive it because it was free.

Good luck on finding a new car, and just like you I still need to find a replacement

Alan 93 Acura Integra LS 5spd Horizon Gray Metallic ------------------------- -96 Gl Zetec ATX- Totaled as of 11/29/03 at 4pm Champagne Metallic CC Pics
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
My wifes cousin has had two Hyundai cars. Been great for her - only problem with the first one is she wrecked it twice & still got over 130k miles out of it. The newer one has been flawless.

Personally, I'd buy one on a budget, if it were comfortable enough for me (which they're not. I'm old & need comfort). 10 year warranty, can't sneeze at that. Cheap lookin' plastic - who cares. On a budget I'd rather have cheap plastic for 200k miles than nice leather dead in my car port.

I hear you. If I was in the position to by new I would seriously consider the Hyundai Sonata/Kia Optima. They've come a long way since their intros. The Kia Amanti at around $25-26K seems to good to be true. One thing I noticed at the last auto show I went to was on the new Suzukis. They don't make a big deal out of it, but one of the items on the stickers was "timing chain" on all, even the 4 cyl. Their warranties are good too. Haven't replaced the Misty's timing belt yet...hoping I don't have to.

- Jim Our yardbirds: Belvedere, our '96 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0L ATX, 85,000 and going strong Spencer, our '03 Chrysler PT Crusier, 2.4L ATX, 28,000 and just getting started
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
From the CEG classifieds. these cars are in MI:

Quote:

Posted on 01/20/2004 by infinitemethod
This ad expires on 02/19/2004
Located in: MI

2000 Contour SVT for sale
64,000 miles, mostly highway going to and from work and school.
black with tan interior.
very clean.
fully sync oil every 3500 miles
$10,000 or b/o

Quote:

Posted on 01/15/2004 by allenSVT
This ad expires on 02/14/2004
Located in: MI

1998.5 Contour SVT.
Black/Midnight Blue
101,xxx miles.
Overall good condition.

Has upgraded intake and exhaust, and steering wheel.
Comes with: Pioneer Premier CD Player & 6 disk changer.
Factory Cassette head unit, and factory 6 disk changer.
Fully wired for a complete system.
Has a wall behind the seats, with a center view window.
Can be removed easy.
Painted rear center.
Mesh grill upfront.. (has a hole) I have enough material to finish the whole car.

Located in South-Eastern Michigan.

The Bad: Has a cracked center tail, and right tail.
I've dropped the price because of this.

Buying a SUV, dont need this anymore. Awesome car.
$4,500 OBO

scrolling through the classifieds just now kinda makes me wish I was in the market for a used SVT.

me too, damn 4500, [censored], I just bought my 99 se sport 54k for 8950 plus like 1300 in interests. I feel dumb!

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
My suggestion would be a Hyundai Elantra GLS for $9,995 or lower.

The Elantra came in 2nd place in Car & Drivers comparo test of 10 budget compacts.
They raved about the engine 140HP, standard features list is very long and it handled well. Don't forget the 10yr warranty.
Current price in my Sunday paper are GLS 5spd or Auto for $9,995.

I would give the new Suzuki lineup a chance as well if your looking to keep it around $10K as financing is cheaper/easier on a new vehicle.

Hyundia, I have to admit, has some sweet ass looking cars. not much power in most of them though.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by nasty1:

The Elantra came in 2nd place in Car & Drivers comparo test of 10 budget compacts.
They raved about the engine 140HP, standard features list is very long and it handled well. Don't forget the 10yr warranty.

I would give the new Suzuki lineup a chance as well if your looking to keep it around $10K as financing is cheaper/easier on a new vehicle.

I agree. After all, look at the title of the post. I'm on my second Contour, and if anything happened to it (God forbid), I'd look for another one. My 2000 SVT had about 44K when I bought it, ran great then and now runs even better modded, turns alot of heads, and cost me an even $10G about 6 months ago. Maybe I'm missin something, but this is a Contour site, not a Japanese, Korean, etc, site. My vote is for another Contique. I don't need a lecture, this is just the way I feel. I love my SVT!!

PS. I found the car on Autotrader and financed through the dealer. Their rate was better than my bank or credit union.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by topgunz_1:
I wouldnt recomend a hyundai, that warranty comes in handy cause things break alot...Find an SVT, even if you pay a little more you WILL NOT be disapointed.

Not for nothing Hyundai's are very reliable. I have a 96 Mercedes C220, a 98 Tour LX and a 98 Hyundai Accent. I bought the accent brand new and now has about 130000 miles on it and still runs great like it is brand new. Just my 5 cents on the hyundai.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by nasty1:

I agree. After all, look at the title of the post. I'm on my second Contour, and if anything happened to it (God forbid), I'd look for another one. My 2000 SVT had about 44K when I bought it, ran great then and now runs even better modded, turns alot of heads, and cost me an even $10G about 6 months ago. Maybe I'm missin something, but this is a Contour site, not a Japanese, Korean, etc, site. My vote is for another Contique. I don't need a lecture, this is just the way I feel. I love my SVT!!

PS. I found the car on Autotrader and financed through the dealer. Their rate was better than my bank or credit union.

lol, I agreem hyst thought I would state they kinda look nice. But no comparison. My family has been through 5 contours so far. I am the proud 5th owner, and just sold my 95 wednesday night.

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Wait till the Futura comes out

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I wouldnt recomend a hyundai, that warranty comes in handy cause things break alot...Find an SVT, even if you pay a little more you WILL NOT be disapointed.

I know somebody with a 95 Accent and a 98 Accent and they have reported ZERO problems, except for a busted door handle on the 95, no big deal.

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I see alot on the road with things like brake and headlights burned out...not major stuff but aggravating on a new car.

LOL! I didn't realize early bulb failure was a Hyundai exclusive.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard