2 more questions:

1) I was messing with it today and can easily remove the passenger side intermediate&half shaft. On the driver side there is NO WAY that the axle is coming out of the tranny - pry bars, slide hammer, rope..., nothing worked. But the axle does come right out of the the wheel hub - it looks like I could just leave the shaft in the tranny and pull it connected like that - what do you think?

2) Next, I was loosening bolts to make saturday easier, I've gotten all the mounts and the tranny bolts broken loose EXCEPT for the one tranny bolt. Its the one right behind the front precat that you can't get to with a socket. On top of that, the last shop COMPLETELY rounded the other side of the bolt. (This is the one and only tranny bolt that is a nut/bolt as opposed to just a bolt into the engine. I'm thinking maybe a flare wrench or a six point box end wrench (if I can find one) - but did you guys have any trouble with any of your tranny bolts? I suppose I could remove the front exhaust manifold to get it with a socket, but I'd really rather not!

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT