Originally posted by zgendron:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
Originally posted by BoostedA4:
I can't believe i am being so outspoken about this.. (moms gonna know for sure) lol..
Homosexuality a sin? has anyone seen what goes on behind most peoples bedroom doors!!! haha (surely those sex shops exist for a reason). If its a sin then im the anti-christ himself.. oh btw, I live in New Paltz and i know Jason West. He's been talking about this for a Loooong time (and yes hes a media queen). NP is a very liberal town sort of woodstock like. I was at the marches and the marriages it was definitely an awesome sight.. so much emotion involved.. and we will continue the weddings every week without west.

Now if they could only stop giving me the "im str8 but dont h8" signs to carry.. excuse me while i get my Hair did' and nails done.

are u coming out to us?

As far as I'm concerned, civil unions don't matter to me, I think that's where this is headed anyways. . .as for this whole gay=bad, can't be gay because the bible said so, etc. Honestly, the bible was WRITTEN by man, NOT GOD, so there's room for interpretation, it frankly pisses me off when people go around saying that. . .

Now if they used logic and science, that's another thing. Genetically speaking, if being gay is heritable, then it is a deleterious, fatal trait because it has ZERO fitness, a gay couple doesn't lead to offspring. Period. The survival is null, the population of gay people will eventually extinguish because the heritable trait isn't passed on. . .simple enough.

So until I see real evidence that there is a genetic predisposition for it, then I'm going to ASSUME it's a social phenomenom, which means I don't really think it can be recognized by the State or Country at the same level as a heterosexual couple is recognized. . .recognizing them under civil union is another thing, but it's really splitting hairs here. . .

I said I wasn't going to post again, but that was incredibly inteligent. Hats off.

No, it really wasn't. Someone should go back to Middle School and study genetics again. Even at that basic level you should know about dominant and Recessive traits.

Genetics 101

In addition, as Sigma stated:

Originally posted by Sigma:
Just because something is genetic doesn't mean that it's heritable, so that argument is rather mute. I can name countless genetic traits, "abnormalities" if you will, that aren't necessarily passed from one generation to the next.

I don't need to, I know enough about genetics, trust me , I'm telling you MY view point. . .Down's is a genetic disorder that occurs because of abnormal chromosome segregation, a faulty meiotic event, . . .it can occur idiopathically because of a poor prenatal environment, etc. I'm no Down's expert, but yes it isn't genetic BECAUSE it is not observed to be genetically transmissable. That is, a person with Down's syndrome does not pass it to their children.

I was using the term genetic loosely, but for your consumption I'll just say that most abnormalities have a genetic basis, granted diversification because of meiotic recombination due to mutations is what makes human heterogeneiity and vigor ESSENTIAL to the propigation of our species, BUT my point is that IF being gay is due to a smaller Amygdila or Hypothalmus, THAT would be a trait that is controlled by genes because those tissues are PROTEINS which are directly regulated by genetic control (either cis, trans, post transcriptionally, translationally, etc. the points of regulation are myriad, BUT that's for another post). . .AND if it is seen across ALL probands, THEN one would logically think that this trait is heritable SINCE SO MANY PEOPLE ARE GAY. Face it, a small mutation that dies with the proband is ONE thing, but millions of gay people, that's another story. . .

oh yeah, sigma, this isn't a Dominant/Recessive thing, if it has a genetic basis, it clearly is a complex "disorder" with multiple gene interactions. . .not meaing it's a DISORDER like a disease, but for sake of terming the alternate allele a certain desgination. . .