good call James, this thread is getting waaay beyond TMI.

Personally, I am against gay marriage. Marriage is not only a legal bond, but a spiritual bond as well, designed to be between a man and a woman. To alter the structure of that union, IMHO as a married man, weakens it, and takes away its meaning. (Not that the extreme ease of divorce doesn't either, but that's a different topic entirely.)

And while I find the act(s) that define homosexuality personally revolting, the fact of the matter is that it is accepted by this society whether I agree with it or not. Because it is accepted by the general population, I don't see an issue with creating some other legal bond, that would be equivalent to marriage to the government that homosexuals and others could use as an alternative to marriage. I don't feel that the current allowances for gay couples in regards to benefits etc. from companies are fair at all to hetero couples that are not married, so I think an alternative legal bond would help to balance the whole situation out, while not cheapening the bond of marriage.

I know, its semantics, but sometimes, that's all there really is.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net