what would be the point of selling it? to get 2K for it...or worse, 750 for it on a trade? screw that, this car is worth more to me than anything i own right now... ford made a great car. and the frickin knew it.

i have 3 things to say about my contours.

1- it has never stranded me. i have had 2 contours (this one and the one before it a 1997 GL sport...totalled...this was before i knew about CEG), the first one never had a single problem...196K and never so much as a muffler going out. she never stranded me, and i have no reason to think that this one will. shes strong as an ox in terms of reliability. when this engine goes, ill spend 400 dollars on a used zetec and drive it for 250,000 more miles...

2- Insane gas milage. my frined in his eclipse is filling up once a week (gen 1 turbo). i fill up once every 2, sometimes 3.

3- outstandingly fun to drive. 'nuff said.

i get dissed all the time because its a ford...but i dont care. i love it and i could care less what anybody else thinks. i am a tinkerer as well, so i am always doing something with it even if its just cleaning. you take care of your car and you will be taken care of.

bottom line, i would take my MTX GL over my coworkers 1998 Acura 3.0CL (coupe) any day of the friggin week. or most any car for that matter. easy choice. i love not having to spend all of my time fixing my car, casue that leaves me more time (and $$$$) to make it better.

Last edited by Stryker; 05/27/04 07:18 AM.

Regards, Cole. Relegating to troll status sometime this week. New Whip: 1990 Lexus ES250. Old Hotness: 1995 GL MTX Zetec *IN TRIAGE* "I had a little friend once, but it dont move no more... "