Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Quote:

i'd really rather not wear out a set of $300/apiece pilot sports any sooner than absolutely necessary!

What'd ya git them fancy things fer if'n ya ain't-a-gonna use em?

i never said i was going to drive miss daisy - just that i'm not going to be drifting through every one of those 318 turns.

Originally posted by The Striped SVT:

Come on now Blake, your not going to push hard enough to eat a set of tires in a weekend, noone has ever done that...have they I'm sure some "spirited" driving will not ruin your tires and besides, you don't have to replace them with $300.00 per tires you know, theres many choices out there when the time comes

eh, i'm not *really* worried about it - but i wouldn't be surprised if a couple of good, "spirited" runs might wear down at least the shoulders of the tires pretty noticeably. of course, the rear of the G35 has so much negative camber from the factory that my rears may actually wear evenly....

i'll probably replace the pilot sports w/ toyo T1S's when the time comes, but those aren't a whole heck of a lot cheaper than the pilot sports. the joys of 18" performance tires....

Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
Who knows, you might not even have the car when its time to replace them so let the next guy worry about it

we'll see, we'll see....

blake --former CSVT owner-- MINE: 2002 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 - stone white/taupe HERS: 2005 acura TL 5AT non-navi - satin silver/quartz GARAGE ORNAMENT: 1962 chevy C10 fleetside pickup - tan/rust