Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
Originally posted by SVTaslinger:
Most of the problem is people driving the nose of their car and not looking three or four turns ahead of where they are. My second trip to the Dragon I was almost hit head on, luckily I was looking far enough around the turn to see the semi getting set up to round the turn.

Ding ding ding!! Add shortsightedness to the fact that most everyone drives above the posted speed limit and you get this. Truck shouldn't have been on the Dragon but Taurus should've also been paying closer attention. Lose lose.

Eh, blaming the Taurus driver is a bit short-sighted. I'm sure he wasn't paying as much attention as he/she should but there are MANY blind curves on that road. It's not too difficult to be coming around a curve, following the speed limit, and not be able to react in time to stop from going under a big-rig that's crossed the double yellows. Even looking 3-4 turns ahead (which is VERY difficult when the foliage is in full bloom) wouldn't give you an advantage when you come around the edge of a ridge such as depicted in the picture.

Back to the Dragon Run topic, I'm very interested in hearing what time everyone is planning to meet up for their runs through the Dragon. I would love to come out to meet old friends and new ones. I plan to make a few runs this weekend after the rains come through and I will be sure to post a first-hand experience of the driving surface for anyone that wants to prepare.

MY05 Subaru Impreza WRX STi World Rally Blue / Gold 98 Contour SVT - Sold WTS: Stock SVT Rear Sway Bar. PM me.